mDNS and Bonjour via Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 07:16:45 - last edited 2023-10-17 23:31:58
Tags: #mDNS
Model: TL-WPA8631P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.2 Build 20230505 Rel.60353

Hello

I have a question to which I unfortunately could not find an answer.
I have extended my network with a TL-WPA8631P from my flat on the first floor to my basement. This works very well so far. However, Bonjour and mDNS are apparently not forwarded via Poweline. This would be interesting for me to operate Thread devices in the basement and connect them with a Homepod Mini downstairs via Powerline to the devices in the flat. Is there any solution for this? The other residents probably don't like the idea of installing APs in the stairwell.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Regards,

Hendrik

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:mDNS and Bonjour via Powerline-Solution
2023-09-22 09:13:20 - last edited 2023-10-17 23:31:58

@CHRONiC 

Hi, normally Bonjour and mDNS can also be forwarded via Poweline, if it doesn't work, please let us know the specific model no. of the relevant devices such as the thread devices and Homepod Mini.

And please also provide the network topology, is Homepod Mini connected to your router wirelessly and thread devices connected to powerline extender wirelessly?

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:mDNS and Bonjour via Powerline-Solution
2023-09-22 09:13:20 - last edited 2023-10-17 23:31:58

@CHRONiC 

Hi, normally Bonjour and mDNS can also be forwarded via Poweline, if it doesn't work, please let us know the specific model no. of the relevant devices such as the thread devices and Homepod Mini.

And please also provide the network topology, is Homepod Mini connected to your router wirelessly and thread devices connected to powerline extender wirelessly?

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 189

Replies: 1

Tags

mDNS
Related Articles