Mobile phones not using router access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 10:48:10 - last edited 2023-09-22 12:37:45
Model: Archer MR500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm new to this so please excuse basic errors and wrong assumptions.

This MR500 is in a static caravan next to a window and shows one or two bars internet access. Two mobile phones are logged in to the router, the Tether app shows both as clients. Upload and download speeds are also displayed by the app so the access is there. But neither phone shows any improvement in performance and often have no internet access at all. I expected the phones to be able to make and receive calls and texts as if they were in a "normal" reception area once the router was on.

What am I doing wrong? Any help much appreciated!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mobile phones not using router access-Solution
2023-09-22 12:37:19 - last edited 2023-09-22 12:37:45

@Sunshine Thanks Sunshine, I need to look elsewhere now. I've learned something  anyway!

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Mobile phones not using router access
2023-09-21 06:48:15

@GeoffG157 

Hi, the mobile phones could only get internet access from the MR500, but they are unable to use the router access to make and receive calls/texts, when they make and receive calls/texts, they will still use the 4G signal of the phones themselves, so if the calls/texts are not working well, please check the 4G signal of the phones.

For internet access of those phones, when it doesn't work, please login the MR500 web interface and send us screenshots of Advanced->Status page and Advanced->Network->Internet page to check the router internet status, you could also go to Advanced->System Tools->System Log page to save a log file for analysis.

Options
2023-09-21 13:24:53

@Sunshine Thanks for your reply. I didn’t realise that the phones could not use the amplified signal from the MR500 for calls/texts. As I mentioned, this is a new area for me. The only reason for trying to amplify the signal was to obtain much better and reliable 4G phone usage in a border-line reception area. It seems like the MR500 is not the tool for this job. Is there a booster available that will do this? Internet access is not a priority here. Thanks again for any help.

Options
2023-09-22 07:42:25

@GeoffG157 

Hi, sorry for that we TP-Link don't have 4G signal booster, it is recommanded to check online or consult your SIM card carrier for suggestions.

Options
Re:Mobile phones not using router access-Solution
2023-09-22 12:37:19 - last edited 2023-09-22 12:37:45

@Sunshine Thanks Sunshine, I need to look elsewhere now. I've learned something  anyway!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 245

Replies: 4

Related Articles