TL-WR840N wifi disconnection issue
2023-09-20 14:30:46
Tags: #wifi
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.19 v0001.0 Build 221117 Rel.32743n

Hi, 

I have a network issue with my tplink wireless router

wifi on desktop of mine and my sister goes in disconnection loop that doesn't stop till I restart the tplink router ?

i have latest firmware 

what is the solution for that ?

thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-WR840N wifi disconnection issue
2023-09-21 11:43:17

@zageng 

Hi, do you mean the WiFi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting automatically on the two computers? How about other wireless client devices?

Please try connecting a computer to the router via Ethernet cable to see if it works fine, if so, try to login the router web interface via wired connection and then go to Wireless->Basic Settings page to change the WiFi channel and channel width, you could also try to change the WiFi name and password to see if it makes any difference.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-21 12:28:13

@Sunshine 

Options
2023-09-22 06:55:45

@zageng 

is there a solution for that?

Options
2023-09-22 07:06:47

@zageng 

Thanks for the reply. "No Internet, secured" means the WiFi is still connected but no internet access.

If other devices are all working fine, only these two computers have the issue, it is recommended to check if the two computers work fine with other WiFi networks such as your phone hotspot etc., if they are both working fine with other wireless networks, please try settings DNS Servers as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 on the router: 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-22 12:47:52

@Sunshine 

I have already inserted the dns but the wifi get disconnected that way when I click on the network icon it says connect that mean it has lost the ip connection between router

and btw it is not only two devices I face that on mobile also It is connected and disconnected without internet and when I restart the issue is partially resolved

the other problem is that this issue doesn't happen all day 

I wish to know the issue to solve it

I have already inserted the dns manually to see

Options
2023-11-20 04:54:24

@Sunshine 

Hi I just bought TP Link TL-840N about a month ago and this issue is happening since the first time I use it.

The connection keeps getting disconnected very frequently. I have to restart the modem to make it work for only about 5 minutes, then it gets disconnected again. What I mean by disconnected is losing the internet connection. The device to the wifi is still connected, but the wifi doesn't connect to the internet.

Points from my efforts:

1. Using the LAN cable directly to my laptop is working fine and the internet is stable all the time. So I believe it's not the internet provider problem.
  2. The internet disconnected happens on ALL devices: 1 laptop, 2 phones, and 1 tablet. So I believe it's not a device problem.
  3. I have updated the firmware to the latest (as per 20 Nov 2023, 0.9.1 4.19 v0001.0 Build 221117 Rel.32743n)
  4. I have googled and search on youtube people are trying many configurations. I tried also all:
    • Changing the channel from Auto to other (channel 1, channel 5)
    • Changing Mode from 11bgn mixed to 11bg mixed
    • Changing DNS Server from 0.0.0.0 to 8.8.8.8
    • Changing Secondary DNS Server to 8.8.4.4
    • I put a Reboot schedule every 2 hours, there's a video saying the router must be rebooted every once in a few hours to prevent internet disconnected.

tplink 1

tplink 2

And the issue persists. 

I am currently looking for buying a new router if this doesn't get resolved in 1 or 2 days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 6

Tags

wifi
Related Articles