IDS/IPS features not available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 16:46:31 - last edited 2023-09-26 03:32:06
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.26.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36269

Hello,

After the upgrade to the last firmware, icant find the IDS/IPS features.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IDS/IPS features not available-Solution
2023-09-25 18:10:30 - last edited 2023-09-26 03:32:06

@Massili 

You have to upgrade the router firmware.  As of now, the 7206 is the only BETA firmware out with IPS.  I'm sure the other models will be coming out soon.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:IDS/IPS features not available-Solution
2023-09-25 18:10:30 - last edited 2023-09-26 03:32:06

@Massili 

You have to upgrade the router firmware.  As of now, the 7206 is the only BETA firmware out with IPS.  I'm sure the other models will be coming out soon.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:IDS/IPS features not available
2023-10-24 07:34:21

KimcheeGUN wrote

@Massili 

@KimcheeGUN 

@Clive_A , @Fae , @Hank21 Is there anyone whom is able to tell us which devices will support the IDS/IPS function. As apparently nobody knows when it will be rolled out, if it will be rolled out and which devices it will be supported.

Also is there a list of devices which aren't supported anymore as it has been a while since there have been firmware updates from AEP, Routers and Switches, beside some beta's.

Thanks!

Options
2023-10-24 08:22:53

Hi @RBL 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

RBL wrote

KimcheeGUN wrote

@Massili 

@KimcheeGUN 

@Clive_A , @Fae , @Hank21 Is there anyone whom is able to tell us which devices will support the IDS/IPS function. As apparently nobody knows when it will be rolled out, if it will be rolled out and which devices it will be supported.

Also is there a list of devices which aren't supported anymore as it has been a while since there have been firmware updates from AEP, Routers and Switches, beside some beta's.

Thanks!

For the devices that no longer have new firmware: TP-Link End of Life Products

About the IDS/IPS, I don't have any information about what model will support or not. Now it depends on the release note. I cannot certainly say a model will/will not support it at this moment.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-10-24 08:57:22 - last edited 2023-10-24 08:57:50

Clive_A wrote

About the IDS/IPS, I don't have any information about what model will support or not. Now it depends on the release note. I cannot certainly say a model will/will not support it at this moment.

@Clive_A Thanks the EOL link is really helpful, now I know the router I bought TL-R605 V1 (and the V1.6)  is already End Of Life and do not have to wait for a firmware update or any bug fixing.

And Regarding the other question, this makes it clear I cannot buy a replacement as even TP-Link has no idea which router will support IDS.

Edit: typo fixed

Options
2023-10-25 01:05:41

Hi @RBL

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

RBL wrote

Clive_A wrote

@Clive_A Thanks the EOL link is really helpful, now I know the router I bought TL-R605 V1 (and the V1.6)  is already End Of Life and do not have to wait for a firmware update or any bug fixing.

And Regarding the other question, this makes it clear I cannot buy a replacement as even TP-Link has no idea which router will support IDS.

Edit: typo fixed

This IDS/IPS is gradually added to the router firmware. As for this moment, we don't have a list.

If you want to make sure that you have the new features available to your model, I usually suggest you get a middle-level product like ER7206 or ER707-M2. (But I cannot guarantee a software feature will be available on them. Based on my experience, they usually get more features than ER605 if you compare them to ER605.) ER605 is the basic and entry-level one and has limited hardware specs.

ER605 will only enjoy future security fixes but it is hard to get any new features.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-10-25 11:05:03

Clive_A wrote

This IDS/IPS is gradually added to the router firmware. As for this moment, we don't have a list.

If you want to make sure that you have the new features available to your model, I usually suggest you get a middle-level product like ER7206 or ER707-M2. (But I cannot guarantee a software feature will be available on them. Based on my experience, they usually get more features than ER605 if you compare them to ER605.) ER605 is the basic and entry-level one and has limited hardware specs.

ER605 will only enjoy future security fixes but it is hard to get any new features.

@Clive_A thanks, so indeed it is better to wait until the features are released before buying a new device. 
Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 796

Replies: 6

Related Articles