Clients cannot connect after router software upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-26 08:31:04
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 build 20230906

Hello,

Router is AX6000

After latest firmware update, one laptop and two home cameras cannot connect to the router wifi. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Clients cannot connect after router software upgrade
2023-09-27 07:55:34

@Glamav do you mean the WiFi of router disappear and you can`t choose the WiFi to connect,or you can connect the WiFi but have no network access?

I think you can try using other devices to connect the WiFi except your laptop and camera to test if all of the device can`t connect.

Maybe you can reboot the router,if useless,rollback the firmware vision.

refer to: How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers,you can check case 1 to configure the firmware version manually.

Options
2023-09-27 08:14:21

@Byron1234 i have 10 devices already connected and working fine. 
These three that i talk about cannot connect to wifi network. SSID is visible, i have the password entered and checked and they just cant connect.

I tried to reboot multiple times. 
Just trying to understand if the issue is only with my router or its bug in the firmware. Will revert it after a few days. 

Options
2023-09-27 08:15:03

IMHO with the latest AX6000 FW release (Archer AX6000(EU)_V1_1.3.2 Build 20230906) the issue with Parental Controls and QoS features was addressed.

If you revert to a previous FW release these features won't work properly - that said it's better to clear the issue with the latest FW release than reverting back to an older one.

Check your wireless settings, in particular wireless security, version and encryption are compatible with your client devices with connection issues:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 3

Related Articles