Unable to restore OC200 backup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-27 08:59:45 - last edited 2023-10-07 06:13:53
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v5.9.32

After the update to the 5.12.9 firmware I was experience some problems with some wifi devices. Because of that I wanted to roll-back to v5.9.32 in order to stabilize my network again.

When doing the roll-back I didn't read properly that all data from the controller would be deleted in the rollback. Luckily I have backups of the configuration available. But unfortunately the controller doesn't want to load the backup. I have 6 different versions (of the previous months) of backups available, they all give the same error. Without any explanation why it failed. 

I have tried it during the initial setup of the controller, where I got an error. After that I manually setup the controller newly and tried it again through the controller interface, with the same errors:

Does anyone has a solution for this? There is quite some network setup done so I don't want to hard-reset the router, switches and EAPs and start all over

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to restore OC200 backup-Solution
2023-09-28 10:30:25 - last edited 2023-10-07 06:13:53

Luckily it is fixed. Don't know what was the solution, I've done a factory reset of the OC200 the 3rd time. Setup a new site (now filling out the TPlink cloud account settings, maybe this changed it?) and now an older backup was able to load. When I was in the backup I could even load the newest backup, this saves me a lot of work! But still very strange that it didn't work the first 10 trials

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to restore OC200 backup
2023-09-28 03:32:47

@otje Normally, controllers are backward compatible with version backup files, are you using a 5.12 backup file to import a 5.9 controller?
Is the backup file you exported a normal backup (setting only)? Or Export to support, as far as I know "Export to support" exported files can not be imported by normal controllers

Options
Re:Unable to restore OC200 backup
2023-09-28 05:20:09

@ddtt1024 it is a normal scheduled backup of the configuration which was running monthly. Besides that I did some manual Backups in the meantime

I restored my controller back to 5.9 and the Backups are also 5.9 version

I'm very desperate now and about to reset up everything:(

Options
Re:Unable to restore OC200 backup-Solution
2023-09-28 10:30:25 - last edited 2023-10-07 06:13:53

Luckily it is fixed. Don't know what was the solution, I've done a factory reset of the OC200 the 3rd time. Setup a new site (now filling out the TPlink cloud account settings, maybe this changed it?) and now an older backup was able to load. When I was in the backup I could even load the newest backup, this saves me a lot of work! But still very strange that it didn't work the first 10 trials

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 3

Related Articles