Deco X50-5G loses internet connection

Deco X50-5G loses internet connection

47 Reply
Re:Deco X50-5G loses internet connection
2024-04-08 07:02:20

@Geeklas 

Hi, o also have problems with this router, internet connection stops 1-3 times daily, but only with WiFi - the cable connected devices still have connection, and the WiFi devices are still connected to WiFi but without internet. My provider is Tele2 in Sweden. 

Have you tested if you still have internet connection through cable when it disappeared from WiFi.

Regards

Options
2024-04-29 06:12:10

Hey guys, 

I have/had the same issue. The X50-5G is losing connection to the internet and sometimes reboots itself. In addition most of the satellites (Deco x50) stay red lighted too.

I did a downgrade to the version 1.10 from the website and so far it more stable than the newer firmware. I'm from Germany and use o2/Telefónica as provider.

It really feels like there is an "improvement" or new feature that causes the problems.

For me the downgrade helps a lot but can't be the solution. Please try it too.

Best, Andy

Options
2024-05-01 11:25:19 - last edited 2024-05-01 11:25:48

Same issue here, in a related way. Installed 3 DECO PX50's (Starlink ISP) and it worked good for a while. In the last few weeks constant disconnections and resets (red light) albeit from one device. I switched away from 5G and now it is ok. 5G is unstable. Perhaps a firmware update did it? I would return these PX50's based on their performance now, sadly I am out of Amazon warranty. Very dissapointed not being able to use 5G 

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

I've had the same mentioned problems with my X50-5G.

Sometimes it would need two automated reboots (8-10 min) for it to work again.

But then I found some kind of pattern, as it would mostly happen in the same period of time (2-3 hours difference - 4-6pm) every day or after 2 days.

It did remind me of the same occurence I had when I first installed an old Huawei 4G-LTE modem/router. Later on I found that those types of devices would need a reboot every once in a while to 'reinforce' the LTE signal.

The solution I found, at the time, was to automate the reboot of the device at 4am, every day. That and lock every thing in the app/router: provider, band, etc., so it could became as stable as possible.

I've applied the same solution with the X50-5G and, at least for now, it seems to have worked out.

I use various methods to check my connections, even when I'm not at home. For instance, using one device to ping 'the internet' (www.google.com) or the Deco itself.

If you check the Uptime Koma I have as a docker:

The only disconnection the Deco had was precisely at 4am and reconnected at 4:05am.

The same as the last two days, in a clamoring difference to what was happening before the schedule reboot at 4am; where it was all over the place:

Is it a solution? Probably, who knows, but I will have to check for a longer period of time.

It would be great if more people do the schedule reboot and share their results.

Ps. It would be great if some Tp-Link's staff can send me the debug tool/firmware. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Osz Good analysis there 👍 How did you restart the router at a certain time btw?

Options
3 weeks ago

thelinkuser wrote

@Osz Good analysis there 👍 How did you restart the router at a certain time btw?

In the Deco's app, press More, scroll down and press System. There you'll find the option Reboot Schedule. Turn it on, pick every day & time.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Osz Ah yes it's in the app, but not in the web interface. I'll go back to 5Ghz and try it again 🙏

Options
a week ago

@Geeklas It's sooooooo bad. Anyone got any updates? Every fix seems to make it worse. Cant believe it can be so expensive and so unreliable. 

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Carolinemv89 It may be that you need to be on the 2.5Ghz band only. Also make sure if you have multiple WiFi receivers on another device, like a PC, ensure only one is enabled (I had two in one PC and forgot to disable the original WiFi card on the PC when I purchased a new wifi 6 receiver).

Options
a week ago

I can confirm. Using the auto-reboot every day (ex:4am), there was no disconnecting beyond those that were programmed for that. Since 25/05 until now 12/06.

It's not a problem with software or even hardware, related with TP-Link. It's the same as it was with LTE (4G) modem/router connections. At most it's an ISP/Sim card/Antenna inevitability.

This kind of device needs a daily reboot to confirm and reinforce the 4G/5G signal.

Options