Deco X50-5G loses internet connection

Deco X50-5G loses internet connection

47 Reply
Re:Deco X50-5G loses internet connection
2024-03-02 04:53:02

@jcdauchy ip address and password needed for the browser are labeled on the bottom of the router.

I also have set of 3 deco x50 mesh nodes connected in the network. What I did also notice is that internet works fine with my old 4g box, but if I put it in bridged mode and try to use the x50 5g even as wifi router the connection becomes unstable. Even when pc connected with ethernet cable.

Options
2024-03-15 23:47:28

Well, can't be 100% sure but for whatever reason after I added both pc's to the address reservation list in the deco app the connection has been stable for atleast two weeks.

Hope it stays that way and if not, then I guess they fix it in some firmware upgrade.

Options
2024-03-19 14:09:15 - last edited 2024-03-19 14:10:07

Same issue for me. Sweden, operator Tele2.

Settings say it has 3G connection, good signal, but no IP address.

I called my operator but they had no idea what was wrong.

No other devices connected, and I tried doing a factory reset.

Options
2024-03-19 18:37:52

I have the same problem. I live in Germany and purchased the Deco X50-5G on Amazon DE in November 2023. I use it with a SIM card from the O2 operator, and I constantly have to restart the router 2-3 times a day. Even though I have set up daily nighttime restarts in the settings, it's not enough.

The internet connection can drop out completely or partially at any time. Sometimes it's impossible to connect to certain websites (while others work fine). For example, Google search works, and other sites not. Or it fails the speed test. Meanwhile, I have an O2 SIM card in my phone, and when the router starts fail up, I turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and everything works fine. It's definitely not an issue with the network operator. The connection is restored only after a restart, and then it's unpredictable. I really like this device, but the constant glitches are frustrating. When can we expect a new firmware update that addresses these issues?

Options
2024-03-28 15:21:43

@Geeklas I have a difference setup. I use the Deco X50-5G as main router connected to my providers broadband modem. The 5G connection is set as backup internet. The Deco X50-5G router keeps losing internet connection for periods of 5 to 15 min, enabling 5G connection. After noting this problem, I have removed my SIM card. The issue remains but now I lose completely the internet connection. If I connect directly to my broadband modem via ethernet I do not have any issue. Also, I had contacted my provider support, they have switched the modem and the problem remains. They have sure that it is not a provider issue.

Does anyone managed to solve these Deco X50-5G router issues?

Options
2024-03-29 10:48:31 - last edited 2024-03-29 10:49:39

cyberw wrote

Same issue for me. Sweden, operator Tele2.

Settings say it has 3G connection, good signal, but no IP address.

I called my operator but they had no idea what was wrong.

No other devices connected, and I tried doing a factory reset.

Returned my unit under warranty, got a brand new one and now it is working ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm gonna hold off on applying any firmware updates though... and who knows if the problem will reappear...

Options
2024-04-05 07:52:44

Exactly the same issue here - only that it was rock stable until the latest firmware was installed. After this I have the dreaded red-light showing up every couple of hours necessitating a reboot - after which it works alright for a while. However, when the internet connection is lost and the red light is showing I might still access the net, albeit very slowly. I suspect the latest firmware upgrade is the culprit since it was so stable before.

Options
2024-04-07 18:34:43

Hi, 

I see only questions in this forum - Where are the answers? Where is the TP link support team?

I use Telia 5G in Sweden and I am losing connection with my remote X50 5G which is in my summerhouse. Why?

Options
2024-04-07 18:36:47

@Misha12  Where did you find the FW uppdatera?

Options
2024-04-07 20:09:54

@LarzArtur-2024 the firmware upgrade was available in the app. But it wrecked my system. I did a factory reset and it has been stable again now--keeping my fingers crossed. 

Options