Problem with tp link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problem with tp link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Problem with tp link ID
Problem with tp link ID
2023-09-29 21:53:31
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello i have problem. When I want to add a router to tp link cloud, I can't add it because I'm not the owner. what should I do?Problem tp link id

Options
7 Reply
Re:Problem with tp link ID
2023-09-30 08:41:28

Hey there @Nitram18 

Could you please tell whether you're actually the owner? If so, it means that the router is already linked to another TP-Link ID account and the only option you have is to reset the router to its default settings. You can do this by holding the reset button on your router until the power LED blinks. After that, you'll need to configure your router again and then connect it to your TP-Link ID.

If you're not the owner, then you can ask him to add your account to the manager list. 

If you found my post helpful or useful, please upvote it by clicking on the corresponding button under my post.
Options
2023-09-30 09:12:17

@endless_despair Hello, 

I am the owner. I reset the router to factory settings and still can't add it. I have done a factory reset several times. I also have a TP link repeater and I added it for the first time without a problem.
Options
2023-09-30 13:35:00

Hi @Nitram18 

Could you please specify the firmware version installed? Please share a screenshot in "Advanced" > "System" > "Firmware Upgrade" section.

If you found my post helpful or useful, please upvote it by clicking on the corresponding button under my post.
Options
2023-09-30 13:46:01
Options
2023-09-30 13:47:40
Options
2023-10-02 14:03:34

Hi @Nitram18 

Thanks! I've seen some feedbacks on that issue on other forums from different users.

@Kevin_Z or @Sunshine can you please help us with that? Could it be related to some issues with TP-Link Cloud? 

Options
2023-10-07 10:17:56

Sure. @endless_despair 

Hi @Nitram18, is this AX73 brand new when you purchase it?

Can you confirm if the factory reset was successful? When you hold the reset button on the router, please make sure the Power LED blinks off and then steady on.

If the reset was successful but you still cannot link it to your account, please email support.forum@tp-link.com and provide the following information:

1. Proof of the purchase.

2. Picture of the device label on AX73.

3. MAC address of the AX73.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 496

Replies: 7

Related Articles