2.1.4 Firmware wipes out admin credentials

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-30 23:34:30
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.4

I have a bug on my ER605 where portforwarding will not work with dual wan balancing on.

There is a fix for 2.1.4: however this version wipes out the admin credntials upon installation.

You can hard reset and reconfigure the device: however on the next reboot the credentials will be wiped again.

The only option you have is to factory default the device: then downgrade the firmware back to 2.1.2

I need to get inbound forwarding working with load balancing enabled: 2 features that is stated should function on this unit: however I am unable to do this.

What can be done?

Options
5 Reply
Re:2.1.4 Firmware wipes out admin credentials
2023-10-01 00:47:09

@do0zer 

this must be a bug in stand alone mode.

I have upgraded almost six 605 V2 to that version with no issue but it's adopted by the omada controller.

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-10-01 10:26:53

@do0zer 

you might want to read through this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/622852?sortDir=ASC&page=1

in particular this

Upgrading the old version of firmware to the latest version prompts a username and password error because the new version fixes a replay attack vulnerability and updates the verification mechanism during login (adding a timestamp, which is equivalent to a change in the encrypted content of each login password). However, due to the browser cache, the password will still be verified using the old encryption mode before the upgrade, resulting in login failure. Clearing the browser cache and relaunching your browser can fix this problem.

Options
2023-10-05 22:43:30

@MisterW 

I have tried to login with completely different computers: and the login still does not work.

Options
2023-10-06 06:06:18

@do0zer 

in that case it seems you have a different problem. You need one of the TP Link staff to assist...

Options
2023-10-07 03:29:27

@do0zer The port forwarding not working means you cannot successfully ping the WAN port or you can connect to the LAN side but can't login?

Have you ever tried cleaning the cache before manually logging in with your username and password? Whichever computer you use.

Options