ER8411 Wifi DHCP issue when connected with LAN SFP+

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-04 14:56:18 - last edited 2023-10-30 06:50:57
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello,

I'm having a big problem with the ER8411 when the SFP+ LAN is connected.

Here is part of the configuration
ER8411 (1.0.3 then 1.1.0)=>Ethernet 1Gbits=> SG3428XMP (2.0.5) => EAP265HD (5.1.0)

Like this everything works correctly.

But if I replace the ethernet cable with a fibre connected to the SFP+ LAN of the 8411 to one of the SFP+ of the SG3428XMP, I have a wired connection, but I can't connect using WiFi. I'm no longer receiving IP addresses from DHCP (which is managed by the 8411).
If I put in a fixed IP address, still nothing.

I've changed the speed of the SFP+ from 10Gbits to 1Gbits, same problem. It works on cable but nothing on wifi.

I remove the fibre and switch back to my utp cable and everything returns to normal.

I've had no response from support despite our status as partners.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER8411 Wifi DHCP issue when connected with LAN SFP+-Solution
2023-10-04 16:08:20 - last edited 2023-10-30 06:50:48

@Cotchet 

is the WiFi on VLAN 1 or is it on a different VLAN?
in that case check whether all VLANs are enabled on the SFP interface

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:ER8411 Wifi DHCP issue when connected with LAN SFP+-Solution
2023-10-04 16:08:20 - last edited 2023-10-30 06:50:48

@Cotchet 

is the WiFi on VLAN 1 or is it on a different VLAN?
in that case check whether all VLANs are enabled on the SFP interface

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER8411 Wifi DHCP issue when connected with LAN SFP+
2023-10-05 06:21:25

Shame on me, I completely forgot to change the settings.

Thanks for the info, I'll be testing it later today.

Thanks!!

Options
2023-10-27 02:19:36

Hi,

I've got similar problem

my config is as follows:

ER8411(1.1.0)=>[10Gbit SFP+]=>TL-SG3428X(1.0.12)

LAN configured as follows:

The SFP interface is enabled for that LAN configuration,

Unfortunetely, no device connected to the switch can obtain an ip address (see screen below).

I've got the latest firmware installed on the switch and the router.

I don't have any idea what is wrong

Any ideas are appreciated,

HELP PLEASE couse i'm going insane :(

Options
2023-10-27 05:40:15

Hi @big_mario 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

big_mario wrote

Hi,

I've got similar problem

my config is as follows:

Unfortunetely, no device connected to the switch can obtain an ip address (see screen below).

I don't think you have the same issue as the OP. He misconfigured and that's the reason why. You have enabled the SFP+ as the VLAN 1. But you still cannot get an IP address.

Except for that area. In the Client, will you be able to find devices with an IP address?

What in the port configuration for the 21 and 25-28? Show a screenshot. You are supposed to use All as the profile to all the ports by default. That should work perfectly unless you changed something and did not show it here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-10-27 15:18:29

Clive_A wrote

Hi @big_mario 

big_mario wrote

Hi,

I've got similar problem

my config is as follows:

I don't think you have the same issue as the OP. He misconfigured and that's the reason why. You have enabled the SFP+ as the VLAN 1. But you still cannot get an IP address.

Except for that area. In the Client, will you be able to find devices with an IP address?

What in the port configuration for the 21 and 25-28? Show a screenshot. You are supposed to use All as the profile to all the ports by default. That should work perfectly unless you changed something and did not show it here.

@Clive_A 

Hi @Clive_A

Thanks for your prompt response;

It's strange.

Here is my network topology:

-TL-SG3428X switch conneted via SFP port to RE8441 router

-TL-SG3210XHP-M2 PoE switch (2 EAPs planned) connected via SFP port to the TL-SG3428X switch

Yesterday router could see only 3 clients (all of them had ip assigned):

- two TP-link switches

- omada controller

Nothing more

Next day I saw more clients connected, but part of them had IP missing (i.e. QNAP NAS see below)

I'll try soon to switch off/on the NAS to force NAS to renew IP, we will see what will happen.

Take a look how it's configured now

I'll take a try and change 10Gbit SFP port link to standard 1Gbit RJ45 Ethernet, tonight. We will see if it the SFP port issue or not.

Regards,

Mario

Options
2023-10-27 15:31:59

big_mario wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @big_mario 

big_mario wrote

Hi,

I've got similar problem

my config is as follows:

@Clive_A 

Hi @Clive_A

Thanks for your prompt response;

It's strange.

Here is my network topology:

-TL-SG3428X switch conneted via SFP port to RE8441 router

-TL-SG3210XHP-M2 PoE switch (2 EAPs planned) connected via SFP port to the TL-SG3428X switch

Yesterday router could see only 3 clients (all of them had ip assigned):

- two TP-link switches

- omada controller

Nothing more

Next day I saw more clients connected, but part of them had IP missing (i.e. QNAP NAS see below)

I'll try soon to switch off/on the NAS to force NAS to renew IP, we will see what will happen.

Take a look how it's configured now

I'll take a try and change 10Gbit SFP port link to standard 1Gbit RJ45 Ethernet, tonight. We will see if it the SFP port issue or not.

Regards,

Mario

@big_mario 

Find attached port21 and port 28 (ports: 25 ... 28 have the same config)

To the port21 is IPcam connected.

To the port25 is ER8441 router connected

To the port26 and port27 are Zyxel XGS1210-12  switches connected

To the port 28 is TL-SG3210XHP-M2 swtich connected

Options
2023-10-30 06:50:34

Hi @big_mario

If you have so many pictures to add, you should start a new thread instead of replying on this thread and bothering the OP. You don't get the same issue as the OP.

Like I said earlier, you should use the profile "All" instead of other profiles if you don't know about the Profile. Please read the User Guide or question mark to learn more about this. It is about the VLAN.

If this is working correctly, the orange part, then the switch is working fine. And the router is giving the proper IP address. Your NAS, I don't know about it and how it works. I think you should refer to the NAS tech support first. So far, based on this picture, I can tell that the TP-Link router and switch can correctly assign IP to the devices. Only your NAS is not working.

Start a new tread and let's continue with your details pasted on the new thread.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 7

Related Articles