Tether app indicates no internet but internet connectivity is working (almost)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tether app indicates no internet but internet connectivity is working (almost)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Tether app indicates no internet but internet connectivity is working (almost)
2023-10-15 17:32:34

Just to check, I opted to use the ipv6 internet connection type on my new router. It was able to connect to the internet. However I'm still not able to resolve IP addresses or domain names when entering a web address on my browser. The same goes for my iPhone14. However with my iPhone I can still use Netflix, Apple TV, and other apps, just not my internet browsers.
Attached is a screenshot of my tplinkwifi page(s)

File:
tether1+2.jpgDownload
Options
Re:Tether app indicates no internet but internet connectivity is working (almost)
2023-10-15 18:52:13

@cps-harp 

I am not so familiar with IPv6 Internet connections. What I do know is that it won't work properly unless one gets the configuration right.

In case it turned out you have indeed a DS-Lite connection, then I am not even sure whether it can be made working if the router doesn't specifically support this connection type.

Options
Re:Tether app indicates no internet but internet connectivity is working (almost)-Solution
2023-10-16 12:32:03 - last edited 2023-10-17 01:45:32
I finally just looked through some support info from Softbank on how to connect a commercially available router, and what I apparently was missing was a login ID and password for PPPoE. Since this doesn't seem to be anywhere found on my old Softbank router, which was ISP provided, it may have been set somewhere and I didn't know. I ignored that it could be PPPoE.until checking with Softbank support. So I finally got the login credentials from the person who owns the ISP broadband account, and after setting the above, all seems to work just fine now. Just to let you know, I really appreciated the replies and suggestions you provided. Much thanks!
Recommended Solution
Options

Tags

Tether App
Related Articles