WiFi Connectivity Issues with Samsung Devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-18 08:27:15 - last edited 2023-10-19 09:07:49
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230626 rel.36899(4555)

Hello,

I have an Archer AX72 router, and I've noticed that the WiFi connection with Samsung devices isn't working optimally, or the connection isn't stable. The WiFi connection drops for a few seconds and then reconnects (Samsung Galaxy S22+ and Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+). I've tried different settings, and the issue occurs on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. The problem persists even when Smart Connect is enabled.

I've already contacted Samsung support, and they stated that they aren't recording any WiFi connection issues.

However, when I enable the Guest WiFi on the router and connect my Samsung devices to that guest network, I don't experience any WiFi instability issues. The only thing my phone occasionally reports is that, for example, Snapchat is using the mobile connection because the WiFi connection isn't stable. Other apps work smoothly over the Guest WiFi.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the WiFi connection settings.

Please advise on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you and best regards,

David

Options
4 Reply
Re:WiFi Connectivity Issues with Samsung Devices
2023-10-19 03:30:05

@dejwid 

Hi, for the main WiFi network, how often does the issue happen? and did you try changing channel from Auto to static one? such as channel 36, 40 etc. for 5G WiFi.

In addition, please also try changing the wireless security to "WPA/WPA2-Personal" like the guest network, then check if it helps.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-19 07:00:20 - last edited 2023-10-19 07:00:56

@Sunshine

Hello, thank you for your response.

The problem occurs very frequently, making it impossible to use the phone with the WiFi enabled - this primarily happens when refreshing apps or opening new ones. I've attached some screen recordings of how it looks on the phone.

I've already tried all the static channels, and I've now also tried changing the security to WPA2-PSK[AES] (WPA/WPA2-Personal, not available), but the screen recordings were made after this change, so the issue remains the same :/

https://youtube.com/shorts/liLZFCyZwAA?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/AxczzslLKKA?feature=share

Do you have any additional advice on what might be wrong?

Thank you.

Options
2023-10-19 07:42:55 - last edited 2023-10-19 09:07:49

@dejwid 

Hi, to assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-19 09:17:43

Verify that a wireless access point or router is nearby and actively offering Wi-Fi service. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 779

Replies: 4

Related Articles