High ping spikes from router to devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-18 16:03:14
Tags: #Network Connectivity #high ping
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20230919 rel.12938(4555)

I am conected to router with ethernet cable and whenever I ping the router 192.168.0.1 i get ping spikes. I tryed pinging from other devices and from wifi too and the spikes are still there. Is there and problem with firmware last update or is the router problem

Options
7 Reply
Re:High ping spikes from router to devices
2023-10-19 05:37:58

@Qintiy 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. do you mean there is ping spikes issue when pinging the router LAN IP address no matter via wired or wireless connections?

2. How many client devices are usually connected to the router and what are they?

3. Is there any other access point or range extender etc. in the same network except for the main router?

4. When did you purchase the AX73 router and when the issue started?

5. If possible, please connect the same computer to your modem directly and check if there is any similar issue when pinging the modem

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-19 06:20:35

@Sunshine 

The ping from connected pc with cable is the same as on laptop with wifi when I ping the router but when I ping like other devices on network the ping is normal "<1". The ping  spikes like every 7-9 seconds and I tried pinging google and the spike happens too at the same time.

I have around 14 devices connected to the router they are pcs, phones and security cameras

I have connected a wifi extender RE450 with ethernet cable because is on other side of the building but even if I disconnect the extender the ping is spiking the same.

I have router for about 1 year the issue started 2 weeks ago. But the ping is not always spiking it happens random and it last for 4-6 h and then is normal.

I disconnected all devices from router disabled the wifi and try pinging it from only my pc which is connected by etherent and the ping still spiking. I tried restarting router and it did not help

Options
2023-10-19 07:53:50

@Qintiy 

Hi, may I have a screenshot of the ping results when there is ping spikes issue?

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-23 09:47:27

@Sunshine 

I'm attaching the screenshots of pings from pc to router over lan

Options
2023-10-24 02:21:53

@Qintiy 

Hi, thank you very much for sharing the screenshots, our support engineer has sent you email and is still waiting for your reply, please have a check and reply when it is convenient for you, hope they could locate the issue soon.

Options
2024-03-20 15:26:06 - last edited 2024-03-20 15:34:24

@Qintiy 

@Sunshine Was this ever solevd? I am having the exact same issue with the exact same model router.
I have 4 devices on the network, and every device ping spikes durng pinging of 192.168.0.1 every 20 seconds. Wired connections works fine, but unfortunately that is not an option for my desktop pc. Ping spikes on every wireless device

Options
2024-03-21 01:28:35

@thedudejohan 

Hi, since the wired connection works fine in your case, the wireless issue can be caused by wireless interference, please confirm if both 2.4G and 5G WiFi are having the same ping spikes issue.

Try to change 2.4G and 5G WiFi channel as well, you could try to use WiFi analyzer etc. to scan available wireless networks nearby to check if there are many signals around and find a less crowded channel.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1119

Replies: 7

Tags

Related Articles