"Teardown and Release" conncection breaks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-19 08:44:33
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Connection drop
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7 Build 20220613 rel.64828

Several times a day my connection breaks. I looked up the system logs and every time my connection drops I see a log of teardown and release, followed by warning of  "Send dhcp release ip x.y.z.a".

My firmware is up to date. Connection comes back by itself without any reboots. But these connection drops are starting to be really annoying.

Whenever I plug my PC with the cable from the wall, everything works with no breaks.

I have tried the options suggested in other links: cloning the mac address, changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 ( currently its ISP provided one) -without any success

My ISP I believe is NetCologne. WAN connection type is Dynamic IP.

How can I fix this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:"Teardown and Release" conncection breaks
2023-10-20 02:10:14

@fiftyseventh 

Hi, when the internet stops working, will Internet LED turn red? and if you login the router web interface, is there still WAN IP address when problem happens?

By the way, how many client devices are usually connected to the router and what are they? will they all lose internet at the same time including wired and wireless connection?

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-20 06:56:09

@Sunshine 

The LED turns red and then turns off completely, until it's turned on. 

Only 2 devices are connected when the connection drops : a laptop and a smartphone. Both use wireless connection.

There is a WAN IP address whenever the router loses connection. 

Options
2023-10-20 08:21:33

@fiftyseventh 

Thank you very much for the reply, please pay attention to your email inbox to follow up the case, and please let the community know if there is any update. 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options