T3U 1300 - 5GHz connection randomly fails

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-20 07:17:41 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:08:32
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.8

Hello everyone,

I'd like to stress out I'm not sure of the hardware version, but the box mentions Windows 11 therefore I believe it's something new.

So, I bought Archer T3U AC1300 the other day and I use it to connect my desktop PC to my home WiFi network. My router emits both 2.4 GHz network and 5 GHz network (named differently). Whenever I start my PC, the device connects to 2.4 GHz network, even though I have set 5GHz network as top priority. When I manually switch, the first message I get is "Unable to connect to this network", then I don't see any networks (as if the device stopped working) and it again connects to 2.4 GHz network. On my second or third try I manage to connect to 5GHz network.

I've seen different posts with people not being able to connect at all, but since I can (a) see the 5 GHz network and (b) can connect to it (but not immediately) I don't think it's the bands problem.

I've reinstalled driver twice (using v1.8 firmware), usually after reinstall the device connects immediately.

Any ideas what else might I try?

My router is Huawei HG 8145 v5. Also, TVs and phones connect to 5GHz network without an issue.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:T3U 1300 - 5GHz connection randomly fails-Solution
2023-10-20 21:10:26 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:08:32

@Opyum 

Hi,

Since your 2.4 GHz network and 5 GHz network are named differently just remove the credentials for the 2.4 GHz network from Windows and then the Archer T3U will not attempt to connect to it. 

Go to "Network & Internet", the Wi-Fi settings screen, click on "Manage known networks" and then "Forget" the 2.4 Ghz network. 

I think I've also noticed that these adapters sometimes show "Unable to connect to this network" when switching between different networks.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:T3U 1300 - 5GHz connection randomly fails-Solution
2023-10-20 21:10:26 - last edited 2023-11-06 01:08:32

@Opyum 

Hi,

Since your 2.4 GHz network and 5 GHz network are named differently just remove the credentials for the 2.4 GHz network from Windows and then the Archer T3U will not attempt to connect to it. 

Go to "Network & Internet", the Wi-Fi settings screen, click on "Manage known networks" and then "Forget" the 2.4 Ghz network. 

I think I've also noticed that these adapters sometimes show "Unable to connect to this network" when switching between different networks.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 257

Replies: 1

Related Articles