Nano Router TL-W902AC Version 3 vs Version 4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-20 15:50:24
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I have purchased and implement 7 of the version 3 routers in an industrial plant application and they work great. I recently purchased several (6) more units and have attempted to connect 2 of them using the identical settings other than the SSID name and static IP address and neither of them will allow the field device to connect with them. I am using them in Access Point mode to connect a WiFi equipped power tool to connect with its control system on a 1 tool to 1 controller basis.

The 2 new routers that I have tried are using version 4 hardware and the previous succesful installations are all using version 3 hardware. What is the difference that could be causing me this trouble?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Nano Router TL-W902AC Version 3 vs Version 4
2023-10-23 07:45:49

@Rob_Therk 

Hi, the TL-WR902AC V3 and V4 are basically the same regarding the software functions and configurations, so it will not affect the configuration of Access Point mode.

Since you mentioned that they are all configured as Access Point mode, please make sure the Ethernet cable between the TL-WR902AC and the front device is working fine, you could also try different Ethernet cables, or try to swap the new WR902AC with other working WA902AC to see if the issue still exists.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 527

Replies: 1

Related Articles