How do I change DNS settings?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 12:08:15
Model: Deco X50-5G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My device is a TP-LINK Deco X50-5G Dual Band 5G/4G/3G modem and WiFi6.

I want to change the DNS addresses, but I can't do it.
You can't change it on a computer, but you can on a mobile phone, if you could.

I found a help page like this, but my Deco Apps (version 637) doesn't have that option at all, or at least I can't find it.
https://www.tp-link.com/fi/support/faq/1855/

I removed the aforementioned Deco App and reinstalled it when I thought I might have an old version.

Now that bad Deco App forces me to install it all over again?!
Is there no way to install that Deco App so that you can directly access other TP-LINK Deco X50-5G settings without starting from scratch?

TP-LINK Deco X50-5G otherwise works well, but the DNS should just be changed.

What do I do to get my DNS changed?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How do I change DNS settings?
2023-10-25 19:45:07
Is there any instruction (user manual, etc.) that could be downloaded from the internet, so that you don't have to ask about everything here on the site. I have to say that if I had known how bad the user interface is, I would not have bought this. Btw. I have more than 30 years of experience as an IT engineer in Nokia.
Options
Re:How do I change DNS settings?
2023-10-27 01:32:14

@ritva 

Hi, Deco X50-5g does not support changing the WAN/IPV4 DNS when it is on 4G/5G router mode.

It would automatically obtain the DNS settings from the SIM carrier, but you could change the LAN DNS under DHCP as the FAQ1800 mentioned.

And you can refer to the APP manual here:

Deco App User Guide (for 4G/5G Decos)_Deco 3.1 App

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 314

Replies: 2

Related Articles