Troubleshooting No internet access on some Android phones unde TPLink router mode

Troubleshooting No internet access on some Android phones unde TPLink router mode

2023-10-26 16:17:18
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a Archer MR600 under router mode. We have above 5-6 devices / clients connecting on wireless network. These are Windows laptop, Mac, iphone and multiple Android Phones.

The issue is with only one Android Phone, which when connected always give no network. Have tried changing Random Mac and Device Mac..

Not able to figure out. The phone is with Android 13 and is new. Any troubleshooting steps anyone can suggest 

Thanks and regards

Neeraj Joshi

Options
6 Reply
Re:Troubleshooting No internet access on some Android phones unde TPLink router mode
2023-10-26 19:50:00 - last edited 2023-10-27 09:02:19

@NeerajJoshi 

Make sure that your MR600 is with the latest FW release - here ( Archer MR600(EU)_V2_220826 )

Forget the wireless network SSID on the phone in question.

Use these wireless security settings:

Try authenticating on the wireless network SSID again.

If that doesn't help try using Google DNS for devices that obtain their IP address dynamically:

Don't forget to click Save button in the down right corner.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Troubleshooting No internet access on some Android phones unde TPLink router mode
2023-10-27 02:21:38

@NeerajJoshi 

Hi, please check if there is Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status page of your MR600, if not, follow the solution here to see if it helps:

Some client devices have no internet access such as Android devices or Chromecast etc. 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-01 06:32:40

@terziyski 

Thanks for the details and apologies for the late revert.

After upgrading the firmware, things were running fine for a few weeks. Again the issue has reoccurring.

In my Wireless settings though it doesnt give option for "Channel" settings.

Funny part this is happening for two mobile devices only - An old OnePlus 5T and OnePlus Nord CE3.

Its works fine on Windows Laptop, IPhone 11, Mac Air, OnePlus Nord CE2 Lite phones and few more.

On the OnePlus 5T - sometime if change from Device mac to Random or vice versa - It starts working.

Scratching head to find the problem.

Options
2024-01-02 04:20:48

@NeerajJoshi 

To be able to select wireless channels you should disable the Smart Connect feature as it is in my first screenshot above.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-11 15:07:35

@terziyski 

Unfortunately the issue persists with one Phone. Not able to figure out anything though. Firmware is also upgraded. No blockages in router.

Options
2024-02-11 18:14:37

@NeerajJoshi 

I had set Google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4 on my router and that works fine on my phone with Android 13.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 582

Replies: 6

Related Articles