Get Device to Stay on 2.4GHz Band?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-27 13:27:28 - last edited 2023-10-30 08:03:52

I have a Deco X20 mesh system. The logger on my solar PV system will only work on the 2.4GHz band. It often goes offline in its app and, checking, it tells me that it's connected to the 5GHz band, which it can't use. So, how do I get it to stay on the Deco's 2.4GHz band?

TIA,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Get Device to Stay on 2.4GHz Band?-Solution
2023-10-27 14:37:21 - last edited 2023-10-30 08:03:52

@Sesquicunnus 

Depending on X20 hardware and firmware versions, there may be options that would allow to force your solar PV system use 2.4GHz band.

If your Deco set does not have these features/options, there is a workaround.

Options:

1. Check if your Deco mesh has IoT network capability: What is an IoT Network?

If it does, enable and configure IoT network, make it run on 2.4GHz only, make your solar PV system connect to IoT Network SSID.

2. Check if your Deco mesh allows to configure Connection Preference, see Part 2 of the following FAQ: How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

If yes, using this feature configure 2.4GHz as a preferred band for your solar PV system. 

Workaround:

If none of the above, the workaround would be to enable Guest Network, configure it to run on 2.4GHz only (disable 5GHz for it) and make your solar PV system connect to Guest Network SSID.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Get Device to Stay on 2.4GHz Band?-Solution
2023-10-27 14:37:21 - last edited 2023-10-30 08:03:52

@Sesquicunnus 

Depending on X20 hardware and firmware versions, there may be options that would allow to force your solar PV system use 2.4GHz band.

If your Deco set does not have these features/options, there is a workaround.

Options:

1. Check if your Deco mesh has IoT network capability: What is an IoT Network?

If it does, enable and configure IoT network, make it run on 2.4GHz only, make your solar PV system connect to IoT Network SSID.

2. Check if your Deco mesh allows to configure Connection Preference, see Part 2 of the following FAQ: How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

If yes, using this feature configure 2.4GHz as a preferred band for your solar PV system. 

Workaround:

If none of the above, the workaround would be to enable Guest Network, configure it to run on 2.4GHz only (disable 5GHz for it) and make your solar PV system connect to Guest Network SSID.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Get Device to Stay on 2.4GHz Band?
2023-10-27 18:26:10

@Alexandre. Thanks! I'll have a look at this tomorrow...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 2

Related Articles