TP-Link Deco X50-4G as a Wireless Bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-28 06:36:17
Tags: #Access Point Mode #Wireless Bridge Mode
Model: Deco X50-4G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm considering the TP-Link Deco X50-4G as a connectivity solution for my motorhome.

For a large part of the year, I use the motorhome as an office space and need to connect wirelessly to a Virgin WiFi 6 router to provide both wired and wireless connections within the motorhome. Currently I use a TP-Link RE700X Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 Range Extender for this and it works perfectly. 

When I am out and about, I'd like a 4G connection and the Deco X50-4G looks like it will do this for me. For the sake of reduced devices and power consumption, I'm wondering if I can replace the RE700X with the Deco X50-4G.

So, the question is: Will this device allow me to set up a wireless bridge to my main home network for when I am at home and then connect via 4G when I'm out and about?

If not, I guess I could move the RE700X inside the house and then I assume the Deco X50-4G would mesh network with it and provide the same functionality? I don't really need the extender in the house though and would prefer as few devices as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

Options