Deco M5 Node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Node

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Node
Deco M5 Node
2023-10-28 09:51:01 - last edited 2023-10-28 22:02:44
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.7.3

I'm pretty new to this I just upgraded my internet but my isp router wasn't working throughout the entire house so I purchased the Deco M5 Double pack. 

I currently have one node plugged into the router via Ethernet and another wirelessly in my own office but I cannot tell if I am connected to both nodes or just the node connected to the router itself? 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Deco M5 Node -Solution
2023-10-28 15:46:04 - last edited 2023-10-28 22:02:47

@Alexandre. Hi, Thanks for the reply can you tell me what's going on with the Deco's in my house please? I'm a bit lost as to what deco is connected to which devices either Main or the one near my sons room? 

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-28 16:10:14 - last edited 2023-10-28 22:02:44

@TDawgSmitty 

Your Satellite Deco is connected to Main Deco using WiFi backhaul. Connection between Deco nodes is called backhaul. Signal link between Main and Satellite Deco is decent, so all is good with your Deco mesh. I can see that on first screenshot, which is "Show List."

There are two devices connected to Satellite Deco, as I can tell from screenshot of its info page: smartphone connected over WiFi and Sony TV with Ethernet cable. By the way, good idea to connect TV to Deco with Ethernet cable, I always recommend that.

I can't tell what devices are connected to Main Deco, you didn't share screenshot from Main Deco info page.

All in all, everything seem to be fine, configured properly and appears to work as expected. Do you have concerns/issues or just learning where in Deco app to get info?

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Node
2023-10-28 14:29:26 - last edited 2023-10-28 14:29:51

@TDawgSmitty 

In Deco app, open info screen for Deco node (Main or Satellite) and it'll show you which devices connected to it.

Example:

Options
2023-10-28 15:46:04 - last edited 2023-10-28 22:02:47

@Alexandre. Hi, Thanks for the reply can you tell me what's going on with the Deco's in my house please? I'm a bit lost as to what deco is connected to which devices either Main or the one near my sons room? 

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-28 16:10:14 - last edited 2023-10-28 22:02:44

@TDawgSmitty 

Your Satellite Deco is connected to Main Deco using WiFi backhaul. Connection between Deco nodes is called backhaul. Signal link between Main and Satellite Deco is decent, so all is good with your Deco mesh. I can see that on first screenshot, which is "Show List."

There are two devices connected to Satellite Deco, as I can tell from screenshot of its info page: smartphone connected over WiFi and Sony TV with Ethernet cable. By the way, good idea to connect TV to Deco with Ethernet cable, I always recommend that.

I can't tell what devices are connected to Main Deco, you didn't share screenshot from Main Deco info page.

All in all, everything seem to be fine, configured properly and appears to work as expected. Do you have concerns/issues or just learning where in Deco app to get info?

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M5 Node
2023-10-28 22:05:41

@Alexandre. Thank you for the quick response yet again! I'm not having any issues and my downloads have improved significantly since I set up the twin nodes yesterday evening, I'm just learning what's going on and how to navigate the app for the future. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 4

Related Articles