Wake on Wireless LAN on Archer TX3000E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-29 10:01:54
Tags: #WoWLAN
Model: Archer TX3000E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 22.180_230206

Hi,

This is my first post in this community; English is not my native language.
As the title hints, the subject is WoWLAN, Wake-on-WirelessLocalAreaNetwork.

Before creating this thread I look at the forum in search of similar threads, there are some but no answer/solution in them.

My Wake-on-WirelessLocalAreaNetwork setup:
  Motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus Elite v1.
  Wi-Fi card model is TP link Archer TX3000E v2, sloted in PCIEX1_2 of the motherboard.
  WoL is enabled in BIOS (Settings > Platform power > Wake on LAN : enabled).

OS is Windows 10 22H2, latest updates applied.
  Latest (as of now) drivers - WiFi-22.180.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11 - are installed.
  TP link Archer TX3000E card is shown by windows 10 as "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160Mhz" in the device manager.
  Power options of the "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160Mhz" Wi-Fi card are configured as:
    "Allow this device to wake the computer": enabled
    "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer": disabled
  Advanced options of the "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160Mhz" network card :
  "Wake on Magic Packet": enabled
  WoWLAN is NOT working.

Using Wireshark I have checked successfully that the WoL magic packet is received by the Wi-Fi Card and that the syntax of the packet is correct.

Does anyone have any clues that could help me solve this issue?

FYI, my setup works for Wake-on-LocalAreaNetwork aka WoL, aka WoLAN. My WoL setup is:
  Motherboard is Gigabyte Aorus Elite v1 with an integrated Intel I211 network card.
  RJ45 cable connects integrated Intel I211 network card and the router.
  WoL is enabled in BIOS (Settings > Platform power > Wake on LAN : enabled).
  O/S is Windows 10.
  Power options of the integrated Intel I211 network card are configured as:
    "Allow this device to wake the computer": enabled
    "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer": disabled
  Windows fast start is disabled (not sure it is really required)
  I use the router's proprietary app to send the WoL Magic Packet.
  WoLAN works.

Regards,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wake on Wireless LAN on Archer TX3000E
2023-10-29 20:25:31

@WiPhil 

Hi,

Does your computer still show up as connected to your Wi-Fi router when it is in Sleep mode or Power OFF mode?

While I have no detailed information about your particular motherboard (by the way, which chipset number is your Aorus Elite v1?), my personal experience is that many motherboards only support WoL for the motherboard's onboard network adapter(s), but not for PCIe add-on cards.

Looking at pictures of the TX3000E it appears that it doesn't have any status LEDs, does it?

One way to find out whether the PCIe slots receive power from the motherboard in Sleep state or Power OFF state might be to plug in and connect a known-working Ethernet PCIe card or Wi-Fi PCIe card that has status LEDs. If the LED(s) turn off completely when the computer is sleeping or powered off, then the card most likely receives no power and WoL can't work.

Options
Re:Wake on Wireless LAN on Archer TX3000E
2023-11-26 13:57:13 - last edited 2023-11-26 14:04:58

Hi @woozle 

Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated.

Router and Wi-Fi are one and the same, it is a proprietary device of my internet provider. I'll make a test to see if the computer is seen by the Wi-Fi router when in sleep mode.

I confirm the TX3000E doesn't have any status LEDs.

I have no such PCIe card, I will ask some friend if that can lend me such a card, to perform the test.

FYI, the official TP link reply was:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting TP-Link technical support. My name is *****, and I will be handling your case.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 2

Tags

WoWLAN
Related Articles