Disconnections on Archer C80 in AP mode

2023-10-30 00:14:26
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.13.1 Build 230609 Rel.31746n(4252)
Hello, I'm already using the second Archer C 80 Router. I returned the first one because TP Link Brasil support convinced me that it was a hardware problem.

I use it in Access Point Mode and the search for the C 80 was to improve my Wi-Fi, my old router that is over 10 years old works perfectly with its speed and range limitations.

Therefore, I can guarantee that there is no problem with the internet at my ISP.

The Archer C 80 works very well and is very good! But there are constant disconnections from the wired and wireless network! 
(When this happens I can't even access its interface, I have to restart it.)

Just restart and everything is resolved. But this happens multiple times and interrupts home office meetings and games.

I am here because I want to continue with it, even though it is still within the return period.

It is already updated and I have tried almost everything! Please, be honest and admit that there is an error and I will wait for the solution.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Disconnections on Archer C80 in AP mode
2023-10-30 11:26:00

@gilschulz 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

Your Archer C80 hardware version is V2.20, right? Please double confirm it on the device bottom label.

If so, please download and update the latest firmware: Archer C80(EU)_V2.20_1.13.2 Build 230824:

Firmware Download for Archer C80

However, if the problem still happens, please confirm the following information to further analysis:

1. The topology of your whole network, except for the C80 AP, is there any other router, AP or extender in the same network?

2. How many client devices are usually connected to the C80 AP? and what are they?

3. When the issue happens, is there any change on the LED status of the C80? and the clients still show connected but no internet access, or wired and wireless connection disconnect completely?

a. if they are still connected, please check if they still have a valid IP address, then try to ping your main router LAN IP address: How to Use the Ping Command

b. if they disconnect completely, will there be any error message when you try to reconnect the WiFi?

4. When the C80 AP stops working, please connect a computer to your main router via Ethernet cable to see if the main router still works fine.

Options
2023-10-30 14:54:48

@Sunshine 

Thanks for the quick support

Yes, the version is 2.20

However, my model is (BR) I am in Brazil. The model is Archer C80(BR)

Will there be no conflict with this suggested firmware? Archer C80(EU)_V2.20_1.13.2 Build 230824

1 - It is the only router connected to the ISP Modem (Vivo Fibra)

The ISP's internet is very stable and the cable I use doesn't show any problems when using my old Linksys router

2 - Normally there are 6 devices 3 by cable and 3 by wifi

By cable I use the DESKTOP, a Iphone as a WebCam and the TV

On wifi 2 cell phones and 1 laptop

3 - When the problem occurs, I lose all connections, including the connection to the router via cable. The system log showed this here

1 ERROR 0days, 08:29:07, [inetd]INETD: select error, abort.

I don't know if this is directly related to the loss of connection.

As I said, when the connection is lost, I cannot connect to the router, not even via cable.

Yesterday I did something that seems to have brought stability. I did the network reset on Windows 10.

I mostly use the cable connection via the desktop, I thought there might be some configuration conflict, as it replaces a router I used for a long time. Could this was the problem?

I'm still unsure about the stability of the connection, I'll keep watching and get back here if there's a problem again.
Options
2023-11-05 11:48:26

@Sunshine 

Unfortunately, I continue to have problems, I will return the device

support in Brazil didn't even return my emails
Options