Votes

Ability to select primary and secondary LTE bands for Archer MR600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-30 11:15:35
Tags: #band selection
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220826

Good day!

I am suggesting to add the ability to select primary and secondary LTE bands for this device for a more stable internet connection. In my current situation, I am aggregating bands 1 and 3. Initially, it chooses band 1 as primary and aggregates with band 3 if large bandwidth is necessary. But over time, it switches to band 3 as primary and band 1 as secondary or band 3 aggregates with itself (which doesn't give a better speed). Upon testing all 3 setups, I prefer to aggregate band 3 and band 1 with band 3 as primary and band 1 as secondary because it has the fastest download speed and good upload speed between the 3 setups. My network carrier supports a total of 5 LTE bands (4 FDD, 1 TDD) for this device, but upon further testing, bands 3 and 1 are the best bands to aggregate based on my needs. TDD band 40 gives the best download speed among all bands, but its upload speed is pathetic (I do need a good upload speed).

I hope that the support team or development team would consider implementing this suggestion. This would be extremely helpful for users.

Thank you very much!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Ability to select primary and secondary LTE bands for Archer MR600
2023-10-31 06:58:00

@tnf02 

Hi, the MR600 does support to select bands manually but we are unable to specify primary and secondary LTE bands, whether and how the bands aggregated is decided by the base station actually.

What is Carrier Aggregation and how it works on TP-Link LTE Gateway Routers/MiFi? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 237

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

band selection