Reboot Schedule Per Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Reboot Schedule Per Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Reboot Schedule Per Deco
Reboot Schedule Per Deco
2023-11-01 08:41:37 - last edited 2023-11-01 08:43:36
Tags: #Feature Request #Bug report
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

I'm having a problem with the network map for my Deco XE75 system. It's set up in router mode and my satellite Decos are connected in a daisychain by ethernet cables to the main unit. The network map should look like the image on the left with everything in a line, but when my weekly reboot schedule happens the network usually looks like the image on the right when it's back up and running:

If I reboot the living room Deco at the end of the chain it usually fixes the issue but it's clearly a problem with how the Deco systems talk to each other. If the firmware can't be fixed to make them properly configure the network map can we get a reboot schedule for each individual Deco to fix this problem? If I can reboot each Deco one hour apart then I can schedule the living room unit to go last and fix my problem.

Thanks in advance!

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
3 Reply
Re:Reboot Schedule Per Deco
2023-11-01 11:46:39

@Wrayman 

I can give you workaround that I use to reboot single Deco unit at its own reboot schedule, if you are interested. It'll cost you about $15 to acquire necessary hardware from Amazon for that workaround. 

Options
2023-11-01 12:00:31

@Alexandre. Assume this is some sort of smart switch that just runs an on/off schedule? I actually have a few of those already but I'd prefer to avoid doing hard resets on my equipment and also shouldn't have to spend money fixing a problem that shouldn't exist!

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2023-11-01 13:38:09

@Wrayman 

Yes, it is smart switch that I was going to recommend. I have one Deco that I wanted to power off for the night. It has been 2 years since I started to use smart switch for that purpose - I could have been waiting for TP-Link to implement that feature and it is not there yet. Your choice, obviously. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 394

Replies: 3

Tags

Feature Request
Bug report
Related Articles