MR600 and thether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR600 and thether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
MR600 and thether
MR600 and thether
2023-11-01 11:14:34 - last edited 2023-11-01 12:30:46

Was having a go at a config change to the MR and not getting where I wanted to go. Decided to try tether. 

locked out of the router locally now but tether can get in. Unfortunately tether seems ridiculously limited in what it can do.

is it me or am I missing something?

Options
4 Reply
Re:MR600 and thether
2023-11-02 12:04:45

@lad337 

Hi, could you please provide more details of the issue? Do you mean local management via web interface and also Tether App doesn't work, but remote management via Tether App still works?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-02 18:48:46

@Sunshine thanks for your reply. I can no longer connect via ip at all. Tether connects but does not have anywhere near full management for the device.

looking like I'll need to reset the device and re configure.

Options
2023-11-03 07:35:18

@lad337 

To login the Web Interface of 4G LTE Router, your client device needs to be connected to the 4G LTE Router via either wired or wireless connection. Here are the main steps:

1. Connect your client device to the 4G LTE Router via Ethernet cable or wireless connection

2. Open a Web Browser and enter "tplinkmodem.net" in address bar and press "Enter"

3. For the first time login, you will be asked to create a local password to manage the 4G LTE Router, and for future login, you will need to enter the local password to login.

For more information, please refer to this FAQ: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1656/

If it doesn't work, you could hard reset it to factory defaults by pressing "Reset" button: With the Router powered on, press and hold the WPS/RESET button until the Power LED starts flashing. Then release the button and wait the Router to reboot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-03 08:30:05

@Sunshine thanks. Been running this unit for a year or two now. So all over the basics.

was trying to set up for external vpn back home, ddns etc. 

real pain in the seat of my pants having to reset. A shame that tether doesn't give full control.

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 416

Replies: 4

Related Articles