VPN

VPN
VPN
2023-11-05 10:56:41 - last edited 2023-11-06 06:16:50
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer MR550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi - have recently purchased tp-link Archer MR550 eu to provide me with internet in rural part of France. It is mostly working fine but I have a little problem with the VPN I use which is Smart DNS proxy. Some websites refuse to load until I reset the IP address (automatically) on the smart dns website. This is a bit of a nuisance and I wonder if anyone has a solution to this. Thanks for any help Timbo 78

Options
4 Reply
Re:VPN
2023-11-08 03:36:19

@Timbo78 

Hi, are you using VPN Server on the MR550? PPTP or OpenVPN Server? or you are just trying to connect remote VPN Server from client device that is connected to MR550?

Besides, the Smart DNS proxy is configured on the client devices, right? do you mean the DNS doesn't resolve correct public IP address sometimes, which causes the issue?

Did you ever try contacting the VPN service provider to check if there is any issue on their end?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-08 09:19:20

@Sunshine

Thank you for your reply - I have been trying to connect to a remote vpn server not Open vpn.
I have been in touch with Smart DNS proxy and they have advised me to contact my ISP provider.

I think I may have found a solution by changing the DNS settings in the tp-link router - this morning everthing opened properly but time will tell.
So far the Tp-link 4G router is providing me with  a reasonably fast service and I hope the signal will improve when I install an antenna

Timbo78

Options
2023-11-08 12:04:05

@Timbo78 

This is noted, thank you very much for the update. If you have any further question on our product, please let us know.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-14 07:53:26

@Sunshine Good morning Sunshine - I am still having problems with logging on to some websites usi,g my TP-link 4G router. sometimes but not consistantly I get a notice from Smart DNS proxy that my IP address is not recognized and I have to reset Smart dns proxy. Its not a major problem nut quite annoying as it didn't happen before installing the 4G router. It is mainly the BBC news site in the UK that is giving me the problem. Can you suggest any solution please? Many thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 4

Tags

Related Articles