OC200 Cannot login using Safari after firmware update

2023-11-07 08:36:22 - last edited 2023-11-08 03:32:47
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.12.9 Build 20230906

Hi all,

After updating my OC200 to the recent firmware 2.11.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36272, I find it now impossible to login using my default browser, Safari (from which I installed the update). I enter the credentials, it seems like it loads, then sometimes very very briefly a popup alert saying something like "you have been logged out..." and then back to login window. I've quit Safari, cleared all cookies, but still no go (this was since 2 weeks now). 

On firefox it's fine.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OC200 Cannot login using Safari after firmware update-Solution
2023-11-09 03:51:42 - last edited 2023-11-09 03:52:04

Hi @sprocket13

Sorry for misunderstanding of your issue!

Our support engineer has identified the cause of this Safari issue you mentioned here, which is related to certain requests generated by crawler scripts in the browser. These requests are causing the login verification to fail. Rest assured, this will be addressed and optimized in subsequent iterations of the Controller.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:OC200 Cannot login using Safari after firmware update
2023-11-07 13:06:55

@sprocket13 

Being in the world of I.T. for like 20 years... I've just become accustomed to using different browsers for different applications.  It's just the way it is.  I wish I could use Firefox for everything, but sometimes I have to use Chrome.  Edge sometimes works too.  Brave doesn't work for some.  

I think that how it's going to be for a long while... at least for my experience for 20 years.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-11-08 03:32:42 - last edited 2023-11-09 03:52:08

Hello @sprocket13,

The R&D team will try to optimize the slow Safari browser issue in subsequent versions, it will take some time as significant changes will be required. Please keep an eye on the new controller version release (subsribe to this post) for an update.

For the time being, you may refer to the following most to least recommended browser versions to access the Omada dashboard.
Chrome 69+ > Firefox 65+ > Edge 106+ > Safari

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-11-08 08:31:15 - last edited 2023-11-08 08:31:49

@Hank21 

Thanks for the reply. However it isn't a "slowness" I mean, but a total incompatibility since the firmware update - it is impossible to login now on Safari. I login and get automatically logged out again sending me back to the login screen. Only since the new firmware update (which was done using Safari). I've cleared cookies, restarted Safari but to no avail.

Yes, I nw have to use Firefox because of that, but just so you know, it isn't a slowness issue I'm reporting!

Options
Re:OC200 Cannot login using Safari after firmware update-Solution
2023-11-09 03:51:42 - last edited 2023-11-09 03:52:04

Hi @sprocket13

Sorry for misunderstanding of your issue!

Our support engineer has identified the cause of this Safari issue you mentioned here, which is related to certain requests generated by crawler scripts in the browser. These requests are causing the login verification to fail. Rest assured, this will be addressed and optimized in subsequent iterations of the Controller.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 4

Related Articles