Amazon FireTV / Spotify Connect Problems with Deco X20

2023-11-11 11:45:11 - last edited 2023-11-14 08:12:27
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230721 Rel. 48732

Hi, I'm using a Deco X20 with Amazon Fire TV stick connected to a 5.1 System with TV. The Stick is connected via Ethernet. Several times a day, especially in the evening, I cannot watch Amazon movies or use Spotify Connect with the stick: Movies won't load, music won't play.

Internet speed is fine, always 90-100 Mbit download and 10 Mbit up. Amazon movies and Spotify are also running well on every other devices, like iPads etc., and every time of the day.

When the Fire TV stick is connected directly to my cable router, everything is fine, too: Movies and music are playing without problems. When connected to the Deco X20 again, Movies and music stop when the problem is currently active. Connected to the cable router again, they'll start again.

So the Deco must be the problem. I have no parental controls or other restrictions. Sometimes everything is working fine, sometimes not. WLAN doesn't matter since it is not involved in the setup. I'm familiar with setting up networks, but I have no idea how to even get close to solving this issue. Please help.

Thanks!

Roofmaster

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Amazon FireTV / Spotify Connect Problems with Deco X20-Solution
2023-11-11 12:39:01 - last edited 2023-11-14 08:12:27

@Roofmaster 

Step 1: Configure your Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. This will significantly simplify troubleshooting and also might fix the problem. Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

If that alone does not fix the issue, and it might, Step 2 would be for you to provide network diagram (all Deco nodes, switches, etc.) and then I'll ask for more details you can find in Deco app. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Amazon FireTV / Spotify Connect Problems with Deco X20-Solution
2023-11-11 12:39:01 - last edited 2023-11-14 08:12:27

@Roofmaster 

Step 1: Configure your Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. This will significantly simplify troubleshooting and also might fix the problem. Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

If that alone does not fix the issue, and it might, Step 2 would be for you to provide network diagram (all Deco nodes, switches, etc.) and then I'll ask for more details you can find in Deco app. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Amazon FireTV / Spotify Connect Problems with Deco X20
2023-11-14 08:14:37

@Alexandre. Configuring the Deco to AP-Mode together with some minor changes in network topology solved the problem. Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 169

Replies: 2

Related Articles