ESP32/ESP8266 connectivity issues Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-13 14:59:58
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.2 Build 20230906 Rel. 78043

I am suffering connectivity issues with ESP8266 andf ESP32 devices for a long time now. 

The devices seems to loose the WiFi connection, or get disconnected with other services (like MQTT), have a poor response rate. 

All the obvious already tried:

Deco System:

- Fast roaming disabled

- Mesh for these devices disabled (as they are static to the same place)

- forced to connect on 2.4Ghz

- Dynamic IP  -or Static IP does not make a differenc.

On Device:

- Sleep mode disabled, ie. always on, no wlan sleeps

- increased ARP times

- increased keepAlive times

But to no avail. It is also not depended on the firmware of these devices, some run Tasmota, some run own firmware thats many years old. All have the same connectivity issues. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:ESP32/ESP8266 connectivity issues Deco M9
2023-11-17 08:26:16

@Martin010 

Have you tried to leave the main Deco M9 plus only?

There was feedback on ESP devices with other Decos before but I haven't seen any solutions to these posts. I guess they didn't like Deco or Mesh routers.

Options
Re:ESP32/ESP8266 connectivity issues Deco M9
2023-11-17 12:11:45

@Lawrence-C 

That would be impossible to check unfortunately. I means most of the house hold would be wihtout wifi for a longer period.

It seems that new equipment these days does not honour older technology any more :(

Not sure why because I have talked to others that say they don't have any issues what so ever with, for example, a google mesh system. 

A bit costly to change know, and also slightly dissapointed by the lack of support from TP Link to be honest. 

Options