Archer c6 ddns not refreshing(using NO-IP for domain)

2023-11-18 12:50:05
Tags: #DDNS #No ip
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi TP link community,

I have configured the ddns of my archer c6 router to automatically refresh the domain name provided by no-ip with the actual public ip address. I have a modem in front of my archer c6, and archer c6 provides the wifi for home network. I have opened the ports correctly, and i know this because, my vpn works and ddns also updates the domain name, only when router reboots or restarted. The problem is that the router does not refreshes the domain with the public ip address after 6 hours as configured. Any held would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Isan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer c6 ddns not refreshing(using NO-IP for domain)
2023-11-20 09:28:45

@Isan_28 

Hi, the modem in front of the Archer C6 router is a modem and router combined, right? If so, the WAN IP address on the Archer C6 would be a private IP address.

The DDNS domain name will be bound to the real public IP address, thus it would be different from the C6 Router WAN IP address, to confirm whether the DDNS is working or not, please use nslookup command to check which IP address the DDNS domain name resolves, then search what is my IP online to find your public IP address, if the two addresses are the same, which means the DDNS is actually working fine, please let us know the results.

For more troubleshooting about the DDNS function, please follow this guide: 

Troubleshooting Guide of DDNS function on TP-Link Wi-Fi Router, LTE Gateway Router or Deco Router

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 194

Replies: 1

Tags

DDNS
No ip
Related Articles