New home mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New home mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New home mesh network
New home mesh network
2023-11-20 07:00:43
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Everybody! 

I have an ax 90 router and I want to create a home mesh network. (The signal amplifier is not enough, because a large area has to be covered) However, I can't really navigate between the devices. The ax 90 is out in my small office, I would take it from there to the house, where I would place 2 deco devices. As I looked, deco 90 would be the right one, but I'm not sure. Do you have any tips to solve it?
Options
2 Reply
Re:New home mesh network
2023-11-21 08:01:21

@David84 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The combination of Archer AX90+2*Deco X90 would work.

The first main Deco X90 needs to be wired into the Archer AX90 and Deco will broadcast its own SSID that would be a different SSID, not the same Mesh work as Archer AX90. Or You could consider turning off the Wireless signal of Archer AX90 and only using Deco to provide a wireless Mesh network for the whole house.

The wireless range extender would also be a good alternative. You could add two range extenders with Archer AX90 to create a OneMesh network, such as:

Archer AX90+2*RE815X or 2*RE900XD

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:New home mesh network
2023-11-22 16:07:32
Thanks for the reply!
I'm a little worried about the range extender, because the ax 90 is in the annex and the WiFi signal strength is low where I would place the first amplifier, and the second device currently has no WiFi signal at all. Can I also connect the extender to the ax90 with a cable, or can I only do it with the deco?
Thanks in advance

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 220

Replies: 2

Related Articles