Tether App Cloud device (offline)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-25 18:17:38 - last edited 2023-11-25 18:20:11
Model: Archer MR550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230216 Rel.51988n

The router works smoothly and very well but I have issues with the Tether App which I want to be able to use if I'm not at home and I might need to reboot the router.

I tried a lot of times and I don't understand why the iOS Tether App most of the times shows "My device" (Offline). 

I noticed that if I'm connected on local WiFi and login to the user interface through http://192.168.1.1/ then I switch again to another network and open the Tether app, this time the router is online and I'm able to manage it. But after some time (I don't know how much exactly) it shows again Offline status and there is no way to get it online again. 
I want to point out that the internet connection is working all the time, it works perfectly, it is just I can't connect remotely to the router through the Tether app.

I read some very similar post in the forum but there wasn't a proper solution except to download the latest firmware. It looks like my firmware is up to date though.

Firmware: 1.3.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230216 Rel.51988n

Hardware: Archer MR500 v1.0 00000003

Module: 16121.1009.00.01.02.06

Module SN: AE19PG025Q

Options
6 Reply
Re:Tether App Cloud device (offline)
2023-11-26 16:59:41
I have the same problem with my Tp link Archer Mr600. The cameras via Ethernet works fine, but the cloud results offline since 3 days; also I can’t enter to see the firmware version because I use Tether app on my IOS mobile from different Wi-Fi connection (I use the Tp-Link Archer Mr600 in an Holiday Home far away always on to control cameras and Wi-Fi device logged). Now I only can see the MAC address. All the other infos about firmware, hardware, Module SN etc is impossibile to see from where I'm. For what I remember, some days ago an automatic firmware update on the router settings, and then , after the Tp-Link sent advertising Black Friday promotions, the router has gone offline. At the end, I can’t restart the router because I use this in another Holiday house and I can’t Connect to the same wifi network from my home. How can it could be restart and put this online to manage the router settings again? Please I ask to someone to support. Many thanks
Options
2023-11-27 02:07:49

@CasaPatrizi 

Hi, when you login the web interface via 192.168.1.1 to make it online again, may I know if you are using local password to login, or use TP-Link ID to login?

And if you restart the MR550 without logging in the web interface, will it also make it online again on Tether App?

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-27 02:21:04

@Simone1978 

Hi, we are unable to control the device remotely since it has been offline from the cloud, if it doesn't recover automatically, I am afraid you will need to reboot it when you are there next time.

Besides, there is a new firmware to improve the cloud connection stability for MR600 V3 on this thread:

Internet works fine via LTE Gateway Router but Tether App shows it offline when managed remotely

If your MR600 V3 is using older firmware, please download the new firmware from the above thread and install it manually when you are able to reach the router next time to see if there is any further issue.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-27 07:20:07

Hi  @Sunshine

when I login locally via 192.168.1.1 I'm used to login with local username and password.

Actually I don't understand the behavior between Online and Offline of the cloud. It seems if I reboot it works, but it works randomly as well. This morning for example was offline, without doing any reboot or any local login I tried again 30 minutes later and it was Online. As I write it is still online.

Waiting for a follow-up from the support.

Thank you.

Options
2023-11-27 08:11:20
Hi, thank you for the fast reply. Is there any chance if I send you privately mobile number (use SIM in 4G to connect the router) , password and Mac address, so you can reboot the MR600 remotely, to go the Tether App online? Like I told you before, the devices connected by ethernet works fine (I can see and move the videocamera from where I'm, far from there), so the Sim works without problem. Waiting an answer. Thank you,
Options
2023-11-28 11:44:54

@Simone1978 

Hi, I am sorry, we are unable to reach your router from our end to reboot it remotely either.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 6

Related Articles