AV-600 speed drasticly lower than advertised
AV-600 speed drasticly lower than advertised
2023-11-27 09:21:44
Tags: #QoS
Model: TL-PA411KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I just bought the AV-600 starter kit in the black Friday sales, to get wifi in my shed which is located about 50 metres from the house.

Speed test on the home wifi is about 60mbps, but on the AV-600 in the shed I'm getting around 1-2mbps, why would there be such a difference? The product says it's capable of up to 600mbps over 300metres. I know it says "up to" but why the over ten-fold in drop?

The shed has power connected about 6 months ago, so it's not ancient cables. Single phase, like the house. We do have solar/batteries on the house if that matters.

Similar issues to this other thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/599530

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV-600 speed drasticly lower than advertised
2023-11-28 09:23:39

@james86 

Hi, please check the powerline rate between the two powerline adapters via tpPLC utility.

In addition, you mentioned that you want to get WiFi in your shed, please note that TL-PA411 KIT doesn't support WiFi function, it only allows Ethernet connection.

Or maybe you have any other powerline extenders?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options