Delete/remove/forget devices/clients from local network

2023-11-29 07:45:21
Tags: #Bandwidth Control/QoS #Manual IP assign
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Looking to remove a device from my routers local network. Thing is I have a device that got connected to the router by mistake. It should have been connected to an access point I've got at home. The router currently assigns the same IP address each time the device connects. Even after resetting the device. I believe the router has mapped the device via MAC and each time it connects it gets the same IP. I need to forget this device so I can set it up via the access point settings

ive looked into the 192.168 for more advanced setting but couldn't find anything that would allow me to input a Mac manually and a relevant IP for said MAC

Options
2 Reply
Re:Delete/remove/forget devices/clients from local network
2023-11-30 02:44:46

@Vand858 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

If you would like the client device to get another different IP address, you could try to configure address reservation to reserve another IP address of that device MAC on Advanced->Network->DHCP Server->Address Reservation page.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
RE:<span class='search-highlight'>Delete</span>/remove/forget devices/<span class='search-highlight'>clients</span> from local network
2024-01-29 22:26:29
Useful if you have a lot of IoT devices, and you do not want your IP address pool to get used up by a bunch of other devices you no longer have or were visitors, etc.
Brian
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1084

Replies: 2

Voters 1

Tags

Bandwidth Control/QoS
Manual IP assign