No option to change NAT type

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No option to change NAT type

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:No option to change NAT type
2023-12-19 11:25:51

Having a symmetric NAT type can indeed cause issues with online gaming, as it may restrict your ability to connect with other players. Changing the NAT type typically involves configuring your router settings. While the TL-WR740N is an older model, I can provide general guidance on how you might approach this. Please note that specific steps can vary based on firmware versions and router models.

Options
Re:No option to change NAT type
2023-12-19 13:50:07

JoseManuel22 wrote

@terziyski 

Apparently I have an IP there between one of those ranges.

About port-forwarding, I have no idea how to do it correctly or I don't know if it even works. I tried it a few weeks ago. It asks for a lot of data that I don't even understand and when I tried to put in what the internet was telling me I ended up with a slow connection and I had to deactivate it and it never solved my problem anyway. Is there any way to do it correctly?

@JoseManuel22 

If that's correct then you're behind double NAT or CG-NAT and even port-forwarding can't help with your issue. Contact your ISP with the details of your issue and ask them if they could assists.

N.B. Just FYI here's how port-forwarding should be configured on your router (Case 1).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Tags

NAT
Related Articles