All LAN connection on my New Archer AXE75 Intermittently Stop Working

2023-12-09 13:54:32 - last edited 2023-12-09 13:55:32
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20230718 rel.47014(4341)

I have recently purchased an Archer AXE75 and installed it on my home network. I am running into an issue where it seems to random go into a state where all device connected to the LAN ports stop working. That is, any device connected by Ethernet to one of the four RJ45 on the back of the router are showing no connectivity. These devices can't access the internet or any other device on the home network.  Everything else with the router seems to be working fine. Anything on Wi-Fi is having no connectivity and from a Wi-Fi device I can access the router admin page (http://192.168.0.1) everything looks fine other than on the Connected Clients page no LAN devices are shown. 

Restarting the router will not resolve this issue, unless I disconnect all LAN connections before doing the restart. Even then, it will only work if I only connect one LAN device. It seems consistent that once a second device is connected, all LAN connections device stop working. I have tried switching out cables and the order on order in which device gets connected first and none of these seem to have an impact, it is always once the second device is added all LAN connections stop working. I typically can have the issue resolved by powering off the router for some time (Often overnight) and then once it is powered up everything seem to working fine until the issue starts again. Furthermore, I am not sure what triggers the issue as it seem to be random. It does not seem to be related to network load, as it has occurred both with heavy uses and well no one was home. 

Is this an issue that other has experienced? Any suggestion on additional troubleshooting (I am new to Tp-link stuff) that could be done or ideally a way to complete resolve this issue?

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:All LAN connection on my New Archer AXE75 Intermittently Stop Working
2023-12-11 09:34:42

@Smithoo4 

Hi, when the issue happens, is LAN LED on the router still light up? and it shows network cable is unplugged on the wired client device or shows cable still connected but no internet access?

If network cable is still connected, you may check if there is valid IP address on wired client device when the issue happens: How to find IP address on your devices, if not, try configuring static IP to see if it works: How to configure static IP on the computer

By the way, you mentioned that the issue usually happens when a second LAN device connects, but also mentioned it happens randomly, do you mean sometimes all wired devices could work together, but other times only one wired device works?

Please also make sure there is no IP address conflict, let us know the topology of your network along with IP addresses of each device.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 191

Replies: 1

Related Articles