unable to reach ‪TL-MR6400 from remote

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-10 10:01:45 - last edited 2023-12-12 09:38:42
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1

Hello,

I cannot access to the router from remote(from internet)

I have a public IP as same as the "what is my ip" returns.

I already opened NAT port

I already configure system tools->administration-> remote management and ICMP

I always get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

What I have to do?

Options
4 Reply
Re:unable to reach ‪TL-MR6400 from remote
2023-12-12 09:41:23

@fabras 

Hi, please follow this guide for troubleshooting the remote management issue:

How to troubleshoot if remote management does not work on LTE Gateway Router with 3G/4G Router mode

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-13 13:25:19

@Sunshine thanks!

Actually I understood that the problem should be my ISP that controls my ip ports..

I hope some ports are opened.. but now I need to know my public IP from remote because I'm far from the router.

I tried using tether app that I installed when I was close to the router but I noticed that is not possibile to retrieve public IP one, but only the private one..

Is there another way to get my public IP from remote?

thanks

fabrizio

Sunshine wrote

@fabras 

Hi, please follow this guide for troubleshooting the remote management issue:

How to troubleshoot if remote management does not work on LTE Gateway Router with 3G/4G Router mode

Options
2023-12-14 01:56:31

@fabras 

Hi, did you configure DDNS on the router? If so, you could also use the DDNS domain name to replace the public IP, or use nslookup command to resolve the IP address of that domain name.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-14 10:33:29

@Sunshine Hi,

sure DDNS is the right solution when the target IP is reacheble. Unfortunately in my case the ISP blocks every ports on target IP and btw I think the only way to connect with my remote router is to use client VPN that will connect to my VPS.

If any other Vodafone SIM card client has info about how to solve this annoying situation then it will be very appreciated!

thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 4

Related Articles