XE75 Deco appears offline, but all devices remain functional. Is this normal?

XE75 Deco appears offline, but all devices remain functional. Is this normal?

17 Reply
Re:XE75 Deco appears offline, but all devices remain functional. Is this normal?
2023-12-22 07:22:41

Update on my previous post where I declared I felt the issue may be fixed. This, however, may have been a bit premature. Specifically, am still experiencing the problem...but on a greatly reduced basis. 

Below are the following characteristics of how I am now experiencing it;

• Only getting a single instance of it per app opening
  • Only get it about every 3rd to 5th app opening
  • Appears within 5 to 15 seconds of app opening
  • Only lasts for about 5 to 25 seconds before satellite status returns to "online"
  • During the time it says the satellite is "offline", the network continues to function normally and the green light on the satellite stays on
  • When the satellite is shown to be back online, there appears to have been no dropped clients

The above  leads me to think that this may be more  an app issue than a functional issue at the satellite. However, I must admit I only began noticing it after a recent firmware update  (1.2.7 for XE75Pro).

Options
Re:XE75 Deco appears offline, but all devices remain functional. Is this normal?
2023-12-22 13:17:17

I'm noticing this too with my XE75 Pro. Only saw it after updating firmware to 1.2.7. The satellite (appears) to go off line for a couple of minutes then comes back on for about five before the cycle commences again. Only happening for about an hour in the early evening.

https://jjsploit.click/ https://indigocard.ltd/
Options
2023-12-23 00:41:56

@saadnyce 

That's how it started with me but after the latest app update it now exhibits the characteristics I outlined above. As there does not appear to be any negative impact on the network functionality, I guess the current workaround is don't look at the app? wink

Options
2023-12-23 19:15:57

@Pedro109 

Hi,

I didn't get any issue since I updated the Deco app. So I think it was more an app issue rather than an issue with the Deco devices.

Options
2023-12-25 14:46:05 - last edited 2023-12-25 14:49:03

@Salocinonurb 

Unfortunately 2 of my Deco devices are offline in the Deco app but I can access the clients that are connected to these 2 Deco devices.I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check the colour of the LEDs.

Options
2024-01-04 22:57:50

I did a reset of my 3 Deco devices 5 days ago as recommended by the support team but the issue is back today. 2 of my Deco devices are seen offline in the Deco App. But the LEDs are green on these 2 devices and I can access the clients that are connected to these 2 devices.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Options
2024-01-04 23:14:29

@Salocinonurb 

I feel it is a bug in the reporting only. As you say, the green light stays on. I've noticed no diffence in connectivity of any of my devices and indeed, when the satellite returns to "online", all devices have remained connected to it. There is usually around 23 to 32 devices connected to my satellite.

The bug would either be in firmware or the app but my money is on the firmware. This only appeared straight after updating my firmware.

It reminds me of a recent issue with my RING video cameras. Purchased two spotlight cams (different to my other cams) and they would often go from saying connected signal strength was around RSSI-48 and then every day or two it would change to an RSSI-95 for a few hours. At that level, there shoud have ben zero connectivity, yet, they continued to work normally. After this went on for a few months, it suddenly stopped. I expect the result of a firmware update. I believe the issue here is similar and will be fixed in a future firmware update. 

Options
Related Articles