IP public is not available in tether app

2023-12-13 00:22:21 - last edited 2023-12-14 00:50:26
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.6

Hello, 

This app is great but it's a pity that is not possible to get the router public ip

I'm using mr6400 router

Do you mind if a new release could support this feature? 

Options
5 Reply
Re:IP public is not available in tether app
2023-12-14 06:19:04

@fabras 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the our product team.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-14 10:28:36

@Sunshine it would be terrific!

I look forward to see a new tether version available on play store!

Cheers,

Fabrizio

Options
2023-12-14 10:57:26 - last edited 2023-12-14 10:57:58

there are numerous websites and online services that can provide you with your public IP address. Simply search for "IP address" or "What is my IP" in a search engine, and you'll find several options that can display your public IP.

Options
2023-12-14 11:06:09

nermine wrote

there are numerous websites and online services that can provide you with your public IP address. Simply search for "IP address" or "What is my IP" in a search engine, and you'll find several options that can display your public IP.

@nermine Of course, but I need to know the public ip of my SIM card that is in another router in another home of mine that is far from my home... this is why I asked to add this information into tether app

Options
2024-06-03 08:57:11

@Sunshine June 2024 and having the same need... will public IP be available in Tether? I am sure it is a common request as very often is used with 4G routers controlling IoT devices 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 327

Replies: 5

Related Articles