Deco XE75 network

Deco XE75 network

Deco XE75 network
Deco XE75 network
2023-12-13 07:48:21 - last edited 2023-12-21 08:13:16
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi new to this forum, I have a Deco XE75 [3units] I have tried unsuccessfully to connect it to the internet, my internet is NBN [FTTP].

Using my WiFi router Archer AX73 I can connect without problem.

All the Deco connect automatically to the network, but they are just connected devices thus useless.

My question is this, the archer is on an IP range 192.168.0.1 to 254, the WiFi network from the router use the same range so the wired and WiFi networks are working perfectly together.

But the WiFi signal from the router is not strong enough to cover the whole house, so I need the Mesh covering.

I need also to have the wired and WI-Fi network on the same IP range so the wired and WiFi connected devices are able to easily communicate with each other.

If I use the Deco app it request me to create a new WiFi network and it is on a different IP range so I am loosing connection with my wired network, no good.

Actually the first Deco is wired to the router and I want or can wired connect the other Deco units 2 and 3 in series.

How can I setup these 3 Deco to create the necessary WiFi mesh using the router IP range of addresses?

By the way, setting up a Deco XE75 Router, was not working either as there is no wan port so could not connect to the internet

All help welcome. Thank you, John

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco XE75 network-Solution
2023-12-21 08:12:59 - last edited 2023-12-21 08:14:20

@raven-au I raven sorry for not coming back earlier, working with ABB and resetting the internet connection allowed me to connect the Deco to the internet directly and then was able to setup the wifi and wired network. Everything now is working fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

I have another question though, my arlo cams are connected via a base station, which is wired to the network. In order to use the app on the wifi ports 80 and 443 must be open. Those port are definitely open on the ABB side but shows closed on the wifi network.

If i use "ping.eu" on my IP external address I get different results, using the wired network ports are open, but when I ping via a wifi device they are closed. Would you know how to open these ports on the Deco? The app name is arlo secure. What type of service should I use to do that.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 network
2023-12-13 08:38:49

@josh73 I have an XE75 mesh network and I use it with an FTTP network as the router without any issues. There is no dedicated WAN port on these units but you can plug a WAN connection into any of the ports and it should work. If you plug the "Main" unit directly into the FTTP connection coming into the house and set up the XE75s in "router mode" with the desired IP range you should be able to get rid of the Archer unit or move it somewhere else in the house to use as an Access Point or extender to the mesh. This would be my cleanest solution.

Alternatively, you can set the Archer to router mode and set the Decos as access points and they should simply use the same IP range as the Archer units because they won't be allocating the IP addresses.

I would also check to see if NBN is actually compatible with the Deco routers and see what type of settings you need to use to set up the Deco as a router. Having two different wifi systems is messy and multiple DHCP servers is not impossible but can cause problems which is what I think is happening here. You could theoretically set the IP range to match the Archer unit but again, that seems messy and prone to issues in the future.

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options
2023-12-13 12:24:13

How can I setup these 3 Deco to create the necessary WiFi mesh using the router IP range of addresses?

By the way, setting up a Deco XE75 Router, was not working either as there is no wan port so could not connect to the internet

@josh73 The NBN FTTP works fine with the Decos. I have used XE75 and BE85 without problem.

The settings to use are nothing special, Dynmic IP, public IP addresses are assigned by NBN or ISP (not sure which) DHCP servers.

If you want to keep your original TP-Link router I think using the Decos (well the main Deco I think is the one that changes) in access point mode is the simplest way to go.

Basically the XE75 uses a different IP range by default (even the subnet mask is different).

You could leave it in router mode and change the default ip address and subnet mask but the range would still need to be a different network to the one on the existing router and you would end up with double NAT when coming from devices connected to the Decos.

If you switch the main Deco to access point mode it will get its addressing from the existing router as will the other Deco nodes and also clients connected to them. This should be what happens and should not require any special configuration.

There might be problems with wireless interference with extra wireless ssids coming from the existing router so I would turn off the wireless on the existing router and let the Decos handle that. But it sounds like you need to get the access point mode working first anyway.

Options
2023-12-14 07:32:17 - last edited 2023-12-14 07:43:02

@Wrayman Thanks all for your help, I am just reply to all of you together, no need to clutter the system

If possible I want to use the 3 units of Deco XE75 only as long as I can hook up my switch to one of the port of the main Deco to add my wired network, using the third one to wired the next Deco and this one wired to the third.

I suppose that you then can access either with the app or via a web browser to the main Deco to eventually modified some settings, actually never went that far with app so don't know.

What happen in fact is that, as being told : the Deco XE75 was compatible with NBN [FTTP] and I should connect my first Deco directly into the UNI-D1 on the house NBN box, that's what I did but I could not establish connection to the internet. All setup went fine for all the steps until the app tried to finally connect to the internet and soon I got a red light on the Deco and a message to verify the Dynamic IP and Vlan OFF settings. These were actually the one selected ???

My ISP, Aussie Broadband, confirmed that these were the correct settings, they don't know about the Deco and suggest to use a router in between.

I then went back and bought a Deco XE75 router first to keep everything as simple as possible, same brand, same type of units, but had the exact same results, so return it back to the shop.

If you can connect directly your XE75 to your NBN box without anything in between, I should be able to do the same, what am I missing or do wrong.

Thank you, John

PS a little precision, basically I don't care if I have to set the Archer AX73 in between, it is also a AX5400, I can disable the WiFi network of the router to avoid mishaps and the connect the switch to the Main Deco iso to one of the router port. If the primary solution don't work?

Options
2023-12-16 04:23:47

@josh73 well my network connection didn't work when the app tried to set it up either but, IIRC, a reboot was all I needed to do.

I have an NBN FTTP connection with Aussieboadband too so it definitely works both with the XE75 and BE85.

I don't see anything about VLAN in the setup and I don't recall what was on the XE75 (but I doubt there was anyting there) are you sure your looking in the right place?

Options
Re:Deco XE75 network-Solution
2023-12-21 08:12:59 - last edited 2023-12-21 08:14:20

@raven-au I raven sorry for not coming back earlier, working with ABB and resetting the internet connection allowed me to connect the Deco to the internet directly and then was able to setup the wifi and wired network. Everything now is working fine. Thanks a lot for your help.

I have another question though, my arlo cams are connected via a base station, which is wired to the network. In order to use the app on the wifi ports 80 and 443 must be open. Those port are definitely open on the ABB side but shows closed on the wifi network.

If i use "ping.eu" on my IP external address I get different results, using the wired network ports are open, but when I ping via a wifi device they are closed. Would you know how to open these ports on the Deco? The app name is arlo secure. What type of service should I use to do that.

Thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-21 11:10:59 - last edited 2023-12-21 11:12:19

@josh73 

Use your decos in "AP mode" behind your router and deactivate any type of services on the Decos (mainly DHCP...). Keep them in pure Wifi Mesh network configuration.

Do not use "router mode" unless you need to do "routing". One router is good enough in your case, not two.

Options
2023-12-22 02:08:48 - last edited 2023-12-22 02:09:44

josh73 wrote

Thanks

Not sure I understand the question so let me para-phrase.

You need to open ports 80 and 443 to allow external incoming access from outside your network?

This seems like the only possibility for the question since access within your network should work fine and has nothing to do with weather it's WiFi or wired and has nothing to do with ABB. If there is an app that controls and reports status of the cameras then some sort of internet storage may be being used but I still can't see how that would require external access.

I must say though that I have had problems with internal network connections with RoBlocks LAN gaming but that's probably poor game coding.

The fact remains there is no good reason for you to be blocked.

ABB does use CG-NAT so incoming connections won't work, plain and simple, unless you pay 5 bucks a month for a fixed IP.

If you get a fixed public IP then you can leave it to UPnP to do the incoming port mapping automatically.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 582

Replies: 7

Related Articles