My computer stops connecting to the internet after i connect my range extender.

2023-12-13 12:51:57 - last edited 2023-12-14 01:41:07
Model: TL-WA854RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
Hi, I purchased a TL-WA850RE range extender about 2 months ago and I have been using it easily without problems to transmit the connection downstairs.
Unfortunately, a few days ago, the repeater began creating problems...
When the repeater is connected to the outlet and amplifies the signal, my computer (connected via cable directly to the main router) completely loses access to the internet.
I have a Fritz!Box 7530 modem.
I made several attempts to resolve the problem, calling my internet operator for days, without any solution.
When I connect the repeater, 2 devices appear in my router. Both are the repeater: one, has the name TL-WA850RE, the other has a MAC address as its name (which apparently is the mac address of the repeater). The latter acquires the same IP as my modem and conflicts the connection from my computer, making it impossible to use internet... and from my cell phone, slowing everything down. 

As a result I purchased a new repeater, same model but apparently more advanced... namely a TL-WA854RE. This worked for 1 day, but then the same problem I listed before came back again.
I called my telephone operator again and made many attempts including:
- Modem reset
- Reset the range extender
- Changing the IP of my PC's LAN connection
- Change the repeater IP (so that it is not the same IP as my modem)
- Division of 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz channels
- Other reset of both devices
- Tried disabling the automatic DCHP function from the repeater.
And others that I don't remember now... but with no resolution.
Can you give me some help? I really don't know what else to do...
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My computer stops connecting to the internet after i connect my range extender.-Solution
2023-12-13 18:20:45 - last edited 2023-12-14 01:41:07

@HaruPon 

Hi,

In case your TL-WA850RE is hardware version V7 or your TL-WA854RE is hardware version V4, then click the link below and check if that might be a solution for your problems.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/628396

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:My computer stops connecting to the internet after i connect my range extender.-Solution
2023-12-13 18:20:45 - last edited 2023-12-14 01:41:07

@HaruPon 

Hi,

In case your TL-WA850RE is hardware version V7 or your TL-WA854RE is hardware version V4, then click the link below and check if that might be a solution for your problems.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/628396

Recommended Solution
Options