Vigi C450 Outdoor & Device ID

2023-12-14 05:08:25 - last edited 2023-12-15 02:58:08
Model: VIGI C450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 230803 Rel.75405n

I have bought 2 x Vigi C450's , I thought these were supposed to be outdoor rated ? but the micro-sd slot is totally exposed to the elements - no cover for it.

So how can that be outdoor rated ?.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Vigi C450 Outdoor & Device ID-Solution
2023-12-15 02:58:06 - last edited 2023-12-15 02:58:08

Hi @GoKiwi 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Where did you learn from that? I need a picture of proof.

It is not outdoor-rated. We don't advertise it to be outdoor-rated when I looked it up just now.

If there is no water seal plug, it is not outdoor rated. Do not use it for outdoor environments.

Outdoor-rated models should get this.

IP66 Models

IP67 Models

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Vigi C450 Outdoor & Device ID-Solution
2023-12-15 02:58:06 - last edited 2023-12-15 02:58:08

Hi @GoKiwi 

Where did you learn from that? I need a picture of proof.

It is not outdoor-rated. We don't advertise it to be outdoor-rated when I looked it up just now.

If there is no water seal plug, it is not outdoor rated. Do not use it for outdoor environments.

Outdoor-rated models should get this.

IP66 Models

IP67 Models

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Vigi C450 Outdoor & Device ID
2023-12-15 04:42:58 - last edited 2023-12-15 04:46:05

@GoKiwi Hi From the retailers website  - and in the reference pictures it clearly show the camera being used for external use.

Options
2023-12-15 06:25:26

Hi @GoKiwi 

You might contact the retailer about this issue and let them know it is a mistake. The outdoor use, they might think it can be placed under the roof. If that's the situation, free from direct sunlight, water, and rain, it "can" be used but not recommended. But pay attention to the parameters of the operating temp and humidity. That matters.

I am not guaranteeing you that this setup would work for everyone. Use should determine the situation yourself.

BTW, the retailer is not listed on our official website. https://www.tp-link.com/au/where-to-buy/

So their information may not be as accurate as our official website. VIGI Camera Family

https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/vigi-network-camera/vigi-c450/#specifications

Options
2023-12-26 03:08:02

@Clive_A 

Hi - How do I go about escalating this with TP-Link officially as PB Tech here in New Zealand will not accept my complaint or acknowledge that there camera's are not water proof or meant for external use.

Regards

Scott.

Options
2023-12-26 03:53:47

Hi @GoKiwi 

GoKiwi wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi - How do I go about escalating this with TP-Link officially as PB Tech here in New Zealand will not accept my complaint or acknowledge that there camera's are not water proof or meant for external use.

Regards

Scott.

You should contact the team of PB Tech to escalate this mistake. As it is not our authorized retailer, we are not the same company and we may not instruct or control what they have on their website. They seem to mistake the product we have.

If you do need to contact the local team about this, please go to our AU website and find out the contact info.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 5

Related Articles