Connecting AX1500 in AP mode to existing wired router.

2023-12-15 06:43:22 - last edited 2023-12-18 06:20:05
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: new purchase, not upgraded

I just purchased AX10 AX1500.  Setup successfully communication with my Mot Surfboard Cable Mode.  Good communications to the internet to my ISP, This is as connected directly to my modem.

The network I am trying to integrate this AX10 into has an existing NETGEAR wired router model FVS318Gv2, and all has been working.  I was originally connected to a Netgear model WNDR4300, which was failing.

I cannot get the AX10 to go into access point mode and then connect to the internet!  When I manually set the DHCP off (DHCP is on in the FSV318) and then set ACCESS POINT MODE on and go through the reboot steps, the AX10 doesn't connect to the internet through the netgear router.  I did one time get the "IP Address mismatch detected" and then had two networks, a wired one and a wireless one on different subnets, 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x  But it is unstable, it hasn't configured two networks since.
I can reset everything and separately get the wired net to work and alternately get the AX10 wireless to work  (It is weird that when I had the two network configuration that the AX10 forced on me due to "fixing" the conflict, I had to functioning networks getting the full advertised speed from my ISP.)

Can someone please help me figure out which parameters I have to make sure match up to integrate the AX10 into my configuration. The original IP subnet for my NETGEAR network was 192.168.1.x..,  It sure seems like some mismatch that the QUICK setup cannot resolve/

Thanks! 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connecting AX1500 in AP mode to existing wired router.
2023-12-16 06:14:22

Hello again,

I hard reset the original wired router which set it into the 192.168.0.x subnet.

No luck.  As soon as I configure the AX10 as an Access Point and then reboot the whole system, I lose connectivity to the internet through my ISP.  In fact, the wired router loses the ability to connect and hass to be power on reset.

I still get an excellent connection if I configure and run each separately.

Thanks,

Options
2023-12-18 06:22:04

@Auburn_Boy 

Hi, please follow the Case 1 in this guide to see if you set up the AP mode correctly: How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-20 22:29:03 - last edited 2023-12-20 22:37:31

@Sunshine 

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

It turned out to be a bit more complicated than that, but RESETTING everything in my system was a start.

MODEM, ISP reprovision.  Good.  Direct connect to PC TO test.

Wired Firewall Router. FACTORY RESET, set to 192.168.0.x subnet.  Good.  Tested with PC again.

Factory reset TPLINK AX10, Set to same subnet.  Set to AP System Mode.  

Here's where it got interesting.  First, a SUPERVISOR at my ISP called.  Coincidence?  Now the connection is running to the modem at 250 mbps!!!  (I really think they changed something)

With everything reset, I decided to get the whole network repatched.  All new CAT6a cables where applicable.

Testing in my desk required a longer cable to the AX10!  Moved one cable that had been in the server closet to the desktop.  (The cable that had connected the firewall to the wireless router on the floor.  Connected there for years!!!)

Tested all connected up.

BOOM.  Failures again.  Intermittently lost connection after reboot of PC.  Or, did it???  Widows started acting up.  An UPDATE decided to run.  HANG.  Grrr.

Safe mode couldn't fix.  Rebooted many times until update complete.  THEN, INTEL WiFi card started acting out.  Then network card acted up.  (Link to internet seemed to have failed, and screwed up lots of things.)

Back to closet to reset.

Hey!!!  PC shows ORANGE LED.  10 mbps only!!!  WHAT!!!!!  Okay, okay, OKAY!!!  Another CAT6a cable on the desk.  

Yay.  GREEN LED 10/100/1000 full duplex running!

So, now the system is running Motorola SB, NETGEAR FVS318Gv2, TP-LINK AX10, TP-LINK RE505X, HP PAVILLION.  Everything seeing 265mbps throughput in my entire house.

Success.

Aggravating being smart enough to be a little dangerous.  🙄 

Neil..,

Options
2023-12-21 01:33:33

@Auburn_Boy 

Thank you very much for the update, the process may have been challenging and complicated, but thankfully, the issue has been resolved in the end.

Hope you can now enjoy the internet.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 377

Replies: 4

Related Articles