PG2400P KIT - 2 port for slave

2023-12-18 23:09:34
Model: PG2400P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a few powerplugs and some have broken and now need to replace them all.

I quite like the look of the PG2400P KIT, but was unsure why this is the starter kit, as both have 2 ports - is the slave suppose to have 2 cables from the route going to it?

I ideally wanted a 3 port for the main room, so also wondered if I could put 2 of these beside each other in a double socket to give me 4 ports in the main room?

So, thining of buying 2 kits:

1. 2 port as the slave with 1 or 2 cables from the router
  2. 2 x 2 port in double socket behind the TV in the main room
  3. 2 port in the kitchen for TV and Sky box

Would having 2 cables from router to the slave improve bandwith with multipdevices online at one time?

Would having 2 reightbside each other in a double socket cause any issues?

Thanks,

Options
2 Reply
Re:PG2400P KIT - 2 port for slave
2023-12-19 09:47:46

@jmuk 

Only one port of the powerline adapter needs to connect your router,  so if you have 4 PG2400P units, you could connect wired client devices to the remaining port of the main powerline adapter and also the other three units.

Options
Re:PG2400P KIT - 2 port for slave
2023-12-21 19:00:00

Hi @QRene 

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry for my delay....

I will probably go with that setup, but do not see the point in it at all - if the slave is plugged into the router then anything else in that area would also plug straight into the router as it would be the best connection speed. Most suppliers including TP-link normally have a starter set with a single and a double or treble connection. In my opinion there is no point in a slave having two ports.

Anyway - thanks again, looks like I will just go with 2 x PG2400P KIT

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 176

Replies: 2

Related Articles