Tips - using a single Deco M9 Plus gives access to all three wifi bands for devices

Tips - using a single Deco M9 Plus gives access to all three wifi bands for devices

2023-12-19 09:40:01 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:12:13
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.2

Hi,

I was surprised to learn the last week that using a single Deco M9 Plus lets you connect devices to both 5ghz-1 and 5ghz-2-band. I'm using the Deco in access point mode. 

I thought the 5ghz-2-band was only for use as a dedicated backhaul-band between nodes and never meant to be available to clients, but I'm connected to the 5ghz-2-band with my laptop as I'm writing this.  

Is this intended behavior or something new in later firmwares? And is this a feature found in other tri-band Deco routers? I haven't seen this mentioned as a feature anywhere in the documentation but really pleased that the Deco works like this.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tips - using a single Deco M9 Plus gives access to all three wifi bands for devices-Solution
2023-12-20 03:10:25 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:12:13

@andrenb 

Hi, It is the intended behavior that both 5G-1 and 5G-2 will be ready for mobile clients when there is only one Deco M9 Plus. If you have two or more M9 Plus, the 5G-2 will be used as a dedicated backhaul only.

It is not suitable for all tri-band Decos. Take Deco XE75 for example, its tri-bands are 2.4/5/6GHz and all will be used for wireless mobile clients and wireless Mesh Backhaul.

But the Deco X90 works quite like the Deco M9 Plus.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tips - using a single Deco M9 Plus gives access to all three wifi bands for devices-Solution
2023-12-20 03:10:25 - last edited 2023-12-25 09:12:13

@andrenb 

Hi, It is the intended behavior that both 5G-1 and 5G-2 will be ready for mobile clients when there is only one Deco M9 Plus. If you have two or more M9 Plus, the 5G-2 will be used as a dedicated backhaul only.

It is not suitable for all tri-band Decos. Take Deco XE75 for example, its tri-bands are 2.4/5/6GHz and all will be used for wireless mobile clients and wireless Mesh Backhaul.

But the Deco X90 works quite like the Deco M9 Plus.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 194

Replies: 1

Related Articles