Intermittent Poor wifi speed

2023-12-21 22:09:24
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I purcahsed the WPA4220 kit approx 6 weeks ago and for the first couple of weeks it was working well. I have 1 x AV600 extender connected to it. 

My internet speed and wifi from the main hub is about 47mbps. When I first used the powerline extender the wifi speed from teh. AV600 was approx 44mbps. However, the majority of the time now the speed is below 5Mbps which is making work video calls challenging, but this is not all of the time. Sometimes the speed can get to aroung 30MBPS on wifi intermittently . When I use an ethernet cable between my laptop/ desktop and the AV600, the speeds remain around 43/44 mbps. Is anyone able to offer any advice please?

Many thanks

Sam

Options
1 Reply
Re:Intermittent Poor wifi speed
2023-12-26 10:04:54

@psammead100 

Hi, you mean wired speed of the AV600 extender is normal and only the WiFi speed is slow, right?
If so, please follow this guide to change the wireless channel and channel width to see if it will be better: How to customize Powerline ac Extender's wireless settings via web-based management interface

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 182

Replies: 1

Related Articles