EAP615-Wall ethernet ports not working

2023-12-26 04:07:03 - last edited 2023-12-27 22:35:10
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20220407 Rel. 58054

Howdy!

I have an omada setup with an ER605 connected to a TL-SG2210MP with an EAP610 and two EAP615-Wall unit's that are plugged into the 2210MP running on PoE.  The WiFi on all three AP's work great but if I plug in a computer to the ethernet ports on either of the EAP615-Wall units they get connection lights but don't get IP addresses and get no connection to the local network.  I'm sure there's some setting somewhere that I need to flip on (or off?) in order to enable those ports to connect to the local network.

When I go under config on the EAP615-Wall's and go under Advanced down under ETH Port Settings all three ports are enabled and are set to ETH1 VLAN 1.  I'm not sure what number that should be set to...but I haven't changed it. 

Any ideas?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP615-Wall ethernet ports not working-Solution
2023-12-26 17:49:51 - last edited 2023-12-27 22:35:10

@SliderOi

Untick the ports where you made them belong to VLAN1--this is unnecessary and is actually the problem.  By default the ports are bridged to the central port on the rear (which is usually VLAN1, untagged) and are active.  By selecting the VLAN via the controller you are forcing those ports to be tagged and I'm guessing you aren't tagging your packets as VLAN1 on your devices :)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP615-Wall ethernet ports not working-Solution
2023-12-26 17:49:51 - last edited 2023-12-27 22:35:10

@SliderOi

Untick the ports where you made them belong to VLAN1--this is unnecessary and is actually the problem.  By default the ports are bridged to the central port on the rear (which is usually VLAN1, untagged) and are active.  By selecting the VLAN via the controller you are forcing those ports to be tagged and I'm guessing you aren't tagging your packets as VLAN1 on your devices :)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP615-Wall ethernet ports not working
2023-12-27 22:35:03

@d0ugmac1 Thank you!  That was exactly the problem.  And I didn't actually tick those boxes, they came that way by default.  I had assumed that all I had to do to make it all work was to plug in the PoE on the back, pull it in with the controller, and all would be well.  Then when it wouldn't work I went combing through all the settings and landed at that page.  For some reason in my mind the check boxes there weren't telling the controller to tag those packets as VLAN1, they were just enabling the ports.  Wrong!  D'oh!  And having the boxes checked by default backed that up in my mind.  

I still haven't played around with virtual LANs yet (was planning on creating an IoT virtuanl LAN when I first set it up but from what I read at the time it couldn't handle DLNA correctly and couldn't cast from the main network to the IoT network, which I wasn't willing to give up) so I just didn't even recognize what that option was doing.

Thank you!! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 2

Related Articles