Video/Audio call not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-26 11:01:59
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: RE305(UK)_V4_1.0.13 Build 221216

I can't make any calls when I connect to the extender (Google Meet, Slack, etc.) since I can't hear proper what others are talking about. I have no problem when i connect direct to the main Router

Dlink -DIR853

Still not functioning after resetting the extender and reconfiguring it.

I connected it wired not wireless with different SSID (Wi-Fi name) from main router
I have stable internet for all other activitis like youtube, sochial apps and web browsing

the same happen to all devices connected to the extender

my speed test for the extender is 250 Mbps

please find solution for me

Regards

Options
5 Reply
Re:Video/Audio call not working
2023-12-26 18:19:24

lovemoon11 wrote

I connected it wired not wireless with different SSID (Wi-Fi name) from main router

my speed test for the extender is 250 Mbps

@lovemoon11 

Hi,

Please note that if you've connected the RE305 to the main router "... wired not wireless ...", then there would be no way to get the Internet(?) speed test to achieve 250 Mbps through the extender, because the RE305's Ethernet port only supports up to 100 Mbps.

If the Internet speed test really measures 250 Mbps, then this would only be possible when the RE305 is linked to the router via wireless. 

Note that the RE305 with the currently available firmware can't be connected to the router wired and wirelessly at the same time. This is not supported and can cause all sorts of weird network problems.

Options
2023-12-26 18:31:08

@woozle 

Thanks for your answer 

But you didn't reply for the main thing,

Can't make video call

I Don't have complain for the speed

I have issues with the video calling

Thanks

Options
2023-12-26 18:49:24

@lovemoon11 

So, you also have these problems with video calls after you disconnect the cable between the RE305 and the router, right?

Options
2023-12-26 18:59:01
Yes
Options
2023-12-26 20:24:55

@lovemoon11 

Ok, I've just tested this with my RE305 (V4 running firmware version 1.0.23 Build 230418) and Google Meet. It worked fine for me, so this isn't a general problem of the model RE305.

If you already have an Ethernet cable going from the router to where the RE305 is, then you could test whether video calling works any better if you run the RE305 in "Access Point Mode" (screenshot). In this mode the RE305 will establish a connection to the router solely via the Ethernet cable. (although the attainable Internet speed will be limited by the LAN port to about 95 Mbps)

If this also doesn't help, then consider upgrading your RE305 to the lastest firmware version, even though the release notes don't actually mention any fixes related to audio and video calls. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 342

Replies: 5

Related Articles